Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Post Closer is responsible for document review of closed loans for accuracy and in accordance with program guidelines, delivering documents and clearing deficiencies.
- Work with various systems and reports to assure that all deficiencies are cleared.
- Promptly obtain any documentation requested by investors or insuring/guaranty post-closing.
- Scan files into company archive within established company timeframes, to ensure timely delivery of loan files to investors.
- Review closed loan documents for accuracy in accordance with program guidelines.
- Follow up on missing items and process trailing documents.
- Obtain recording information and input same into system.
- Work with underwriters, processors and funders to resolve deficiencies and resolve future deficiencies.
- Assure at all times compliance with all regulatory and governmental standards, guidelines, rules and regulations, and the applicable state regulatory authorities, and any applicable federal, state, and/or local ordinances, administrative regulations and statues.
- Assure compliance with Guild Mortgage Company policies and procedures.
- Complete post closing audit to ensure all files are recordable and salable.
- Audit loan documentation for all appropriate signatures/notarizations to ensure documents are compliant with state, lender, and investor requirements.
- Ship note packages to the various warehouses daily.
- Log in all closing packages upon arrival.
- Dispose of closing packages after 90 days.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year or mortgage experience preferred or experience with loan documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while managing a full pipeline to meet 24 hour turn time requirement.
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Proven ability to use good judgment and decision making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace, high volume, market driven work environment, while remaining motivated and focused completing business critical tasks
- Ability to be flexible to assist with additional projects that are introduced based on the needs of the department
- Work with guidance and supervision to develop analytical skills and judgment
- Work is frequently reviewed
- Receive frequent guidance; resolve/escalate issues of higher complexity
- Low level of independent judgment and discretion
- Travel: 0%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.