Harrison School District 2
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harrison School District 2
Openings as of 4/6/2020
- Bus Monitor JobID: 4816
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Assist bus driver in managing passenger conduct and ensuring passenger safety over assigned routes and as part of extracurricular activities while abiding by all applicable Federal, State, and District rules and regulations.
- Assist the bus driver in maintaining safe student conduct on the bus by observing students and behavior modification through effective communication.
- Assist students, as needed, in loading and unloading. Assist students in the use of seat belts, safety vests, wheel chairs, infant seats, and booster seats.
- Assure the orderly loading and unloading of the bus.
- Assist the driver in following established routes and designated stops.
- Assist the driver in cleaning the bus, scraping windows during inclement weather, and maintaining up-to-date routes.
- Provide written documentation to appropriate personnel regarding violations of the student code.
- Perform first aid, including CPR, in emergency situations.
- Assist driver with emergency evacuation plans and drills.
- Assist the driver during emergency situations or mechanical failures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 0 – 2 years experience. Experience working with children and/or children with special needs preferred.
- Standard first aid and CPR training required within three months of hire.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Criminal background checks and District fingerprinting required.
For 2019-2020 School Year
183 work day calendar
Must apply online at and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.