HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at HCA Physician Services Group
- The Supervisor schedules, trains and assigns duties to the Lab Assistants performing phlebotomy and testing on tissues and body fluids in compliance with all standards set by applicable regulatory agencies including CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, and OSHA.
- Maintains knowledge of all procedures and protocols.
- Maintains proficiency in performance of technical procedures.
- Testing is provided for patients with varying degrees of clinical conditions and different acuity levels.
- Testing is provided for all age ranges from newborns to geriatric patients.
- The Supervisor manages day-to-day operations within their assigned area of coverage, and maintains effective communications with staff members, other Supervisors, Lab Director, Pathologists and all Laboratory clients.
MT ASCP or MLT ASCP preferred
A.A.S. in Medical Laboratory Technology or B.A. or B.S. in Medical Technology or related field (Chemistry, Biology, etc.), and a one year internship or appropriate experience.
Four years minimum experience as a Technologist in assigned area.
- Works as a Medical Technologist by integrating current scientific knowledge with technical competency which relate to the Laboratory Department.
- He/she demonstrates knowledge and responsibility, and participates in the implementation of all aspects of the Safety/Chemical Hygiene Plan, Infectious/Exposure Control Plan, Electrical Safety, Disaster, Plan, and Code Blue Plan, fire Plan, Computer Systems, Compliance, Ethics, and General Laboratory.
- She/he shall be able to perform venipunctures and capillary collection for specimen procurement with the knowledge of age-related techniques, physical structure, and amounts of blood to be obtained.
- She/he shall be current technically and theoretically knowledgeable of tests in medical technology.
- Demonstrates knowledge and responsibility for the ongoing quality improvement.
- Prepares a work schedule to provide adequate coverage and effective utilization of personnel.
- Provides technical instruction and training of personnel and/or students in techniques, instrumentation, and organization of work.
- May recommend selection, transfer, and organization of work.
- Evaluates the performance of assigned personnel.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are effectively followed.
- Establishes implements and monitors specimen accession, identification, and retention systems, meeting process management and external policies and regulations.
- Evaluates current procedures and maintains a procedural manual in accordance with CAP and other accrediting agency guidelines; reviews and revises as needed - minimum is yearly.
- Establishes and maintains a preventative maintenance program for all instruments, and a log system for recording all actions.
- Ensures equipment and instruments are in good operating condition, recognizes malfunction, takes corrective action, and reports to Laboratory Director.
- Maintains appropriate level of supplies and reagents.
- Enforces safety practices and corrects hazards that exist.
- Recommends capital equipment needs and replacements to Laboratory Director.
- Interacts in positive and professional manner with physicians and/or nurses on Laboratory results, timing and availability of test results or procedures.
- Keeps Laboratory and Medical Directors informed of proposed changes in techniques, procedures, protocols and all problems and/or potential problems.
- Participates in continuing education in laboratory medicine, management, and training skills.
- In-services personnel when appropriate or when a recognized need exists.
- Performs other related work as assigned by Laboratory Director.
- Participation in continuing education program on site.
- May have 24-hour responsibilities.
- May perform duties in other departments other than the specifically assigned department when necessary to assure essential service to physicians and patients.
- Enforces Laboratory and Hospital policies.
- May act as Laboratory Director when assigned.
- Provides general direction and leadership for assigned employees.
- Must set an example for employees to follow.
- Assists in a variety of job-related duties as assigned by the Laboratory Director.