Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Engineering Project Manager
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR currently has an opening for a Transportation/Civil Project Manager to join our team in Colorado. The primary responsibilities of the position is to provide general civil engineering expertise on the design and production of diverse civil projects throughout Colorado, across the US and internationally. The position requires the ability to lead other engineers and designers, and work closely with the project manager, in the civil design of infrastructure engineering projects.
The position also requires the ability to be the project manager on small to mid size projects.
General tasks include planning, analytical engineering, preparation of reports, preparation of drawings in AutoCAD Civil3D, specifications, communications and quality control. In this position, you will also be involved in helping other staff members develop their technical capabilities. The diverse nature of our projects often involves being integrated into large, multi-discipline teams of engineers, planners and architects. Involves working with both public and private clientele. The position also involves participating in marketing, proposals and business development opportunities. Travel is limited but occasionally required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
• 10 years of progressive development engineering experience
• Professional Engineer licensure is required
• Proficient and strong skills with AutoCAD, Civil3D design software packages
• Experience with the MS Office suite of programs
• Strong communications skills, written and verbal, project management and project engineering skills
• Strong teammate, team lead and ability to provide technical guidance and mentorship to staff
• Experience in civil design and support for transportation and land projects including entitlements, municipal reviews, site layouts, grading, drainage, circulation roads, utilities, ADA compliance and paving
• Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.