Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Primary ResponsibilitiesIn the role of the Construction Inspector, we'll count on you to:
• Demonstrate familiarity with a broad spectrum of construction materials, methods and processes for buildings and facilities.
• Conduct inspection of electrical, mechanical/HVAC and site civil.
• Collaborate with other field representatives or Project Managers
• Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications, and identify discrepancies or conflicts within documents.
• Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses.
• Provide guidance to less-experienced field staff as needed.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 3 years of construction experience is preferred.
• Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
• Proven problem-solving and documentation abilities.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• This position typically requires successfully passing drug-screening procedures prior to being hired; thereafter subject to random and cause drug and alcohol testing.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
• Technical school or college degree.
• Relevant Industry Certifications.
• Ability to interpret construction schedules.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.