Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Integerated Delivery T&D
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently in need of a Project Manager to work as a member of EPC Power Delivery team in our rapidly growing construction group.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of design-build/engineer-procure-construct (DB/EPC) projects including, but not limited to, management and administration of the prime contract, overseeing the engineering design, estimating, procurement, scheduling teams, construction manager(s) together with all facets of project execution including, but not limited to, direction and coordination of the field office and management and administration of construction subcontracts and purchase orders. The Project Manager is responsible for supervision of all field operations on assigned projects and may, on a temporary basis, be required to perform all aspects of his/her project management-related duties from the site of the work.
The Project Manager will oversee the auditing and inspection of work performed by construction subcontractors for compliance to the contract specifications and tests, and audit report preparation. QA/QC experience in the areas of high voltage (230 kV and greater) substation and transmission line construction, materials sampling, inspection and testing is a plus. The work requires, but is not limited to, application of knowledge of PD work, and sound and considered judgment and enforcement of all related health and safety regulations/requirements, and quality standards.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing integrated DB/EPC teams from project inception through completion. This will include, although not be limited to:
· Overseeing pre-construction and conceptual design activities.
· Supervising the preparation of cost and technical proposals.
· Overall direction and coordination of intermediate and final engineering design, and construction activities.
· Administration and management of the prime contract, construction subcontracts and purchase orders.
· Assuring compliance with customer goals and expectations associated with safety, quality and environmental stewardship.
· Planning, executing and reporting on overall project performance.
· Working directly with the customer to ensure:
· Optimal communication,
· Customer satisfaction, and
· Effective coordination between the project and other activities occurring at the jobsite (i.e., work “by Others”).
· Developing, oversight and ensuring compliance with:
· Project-specific health and safety plans.
· Project-specific quality control and quality assurance plans.
· All activities including, but not limited to, engineering design, estimating and procurement during the pursuit and execution of new projects.
· Responding to and/or oversight of Requests for Information.
· Performing value engineering and constructability reviews.
· Developing a procurement status report with the engineering design, procurement, scheduling and estimating teams, and defining the segregation of work by subcontract and purchase order packages.
· Developing and/or oversight of subcontractor and supplier scope, price, and schedule exhibits for subcontract and purchase order packages.
· Working with procurement teams to coordinate local bidding efforts.
· Procuring, administering, managing and/or oversight of subcontracts and purchase orders.
· Reviewing and approving subcontract and purchase order invoices.
· Coordinating, expediting, reviewing, and/or oversight of subcontractor and purchase order submittals.
· Developing initial project-specific schedules in conjunction with engineering design, estimating, scheduling, accounting, and field construction staff.
· Monitoring the overall progress of bidding, pre-construction, conceptual design, intermediate and final engineering design and construction activities.
· Administering and managing changes to the prime contract.
· Developing a project-specific Schedule of Values.
· Submitting and expediting timely receipt of progress payments.
· Coordinating, preparing, and presenting progress, budget forecasting, and schedule management reports on a monthly basis.
· Project close-out and warranty administration.
· Perform post-construction cost review and reporting.
· Ensuring optimal relations among project stakeholders (customers, design teams, subcontractors, and suppliers).
· Training and mentoring junior staff.
· High School or equivalent required. Degree in Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum of Fifteen (15) years' experience performing construction, including at least seven (7) years' experience on DB/EPC projects (either as a DB/EPC contractor, or as a general contractor performing as a DB/EPC contractor or part of a DB/EPC team) in the PD industry. Previous field experience is preferred.
· Must be well versed in various aspects of engineering design and construction, and contracting methodologies, as well as construction planning and management-related tasks and activities including, but not limited to, estimating, scheduling, bidding, project management and administration and management of prime contracts, preparation and administration of purchase orders and subcontracts, field supervision, budget control, safety, quality assurance, etc.
· Thorough knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in electrical 230 kV and greater PD work.
· Have previous experience in the fast-paced power engineering industry.
· Be thoroughly familiar with DB/EPC methodologies and procedures.
· Have demonstrated experience in successfully delivering complex integrated facility and infrastructure-related DB/EPC projects in the power industry.
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.