Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan QC Analyst II
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Loan QC Analyst II performs a quality control post-closing review of all new Commercial/Ag loans and renewals, both internally and externally prepared, to ensure that the loan documentation has been properly executed at loan closing. They will also perform a quality control review to identify missing mandatory closing documentation before it becomes an audit or examination finding.
This position performs a post-closing quality control review of the configuration and the defined documents and conditions to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the loan file requirements.
1. Pre close verification of Consumer and Commercial documents, ensuring they were prepared as approved by Heartland committees.
2. Post close review of Consumer and Commercial, etc documents ensuring loans meet regulations and heartland policies as well as ongoing servicing is set up in accordance with the type of loan.
a."GATEKEEPER FUNCTION" -- Conduct a post closing review of documentation for appropriate signatures, acknowledgements and verify documentation was signed as prepared ensuring adherence to final closing package
b."GATEKEEPER FUNCTION" -- Perform a review of the documentation requirement configuration in the appropriate bank’s OnBase/Info Access imaging system, to ensure all requirements to document the loan file have been accurately identified for tracking
3. Responsible for ensuring all high quality standards are met.
4. Perform random sampling reviews of indexed documentation to ensure information accurately identifies the document type and is associated to the appropriate loan and loan covenants.
5. Provide report of errors to Loan QC Supervisor for immediate correction and performance monitoring
6. Provide reports identifying quality control issues along with identification for improvement opportunities
7. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
2. 3-5 year loan documentation processing or relevant experience
3. 1-3 years experience in quality review of moderate to complex loan documents
4. Possess a thorough understanding of Commercial/Ag Loan related documentation
5. Extensive knowledge of required entity documentation for various business entities (Corporations, LLC’s, Partnerships, etc.)
6. Extensive knowledge of proper collateral documentation needed to obtain and perfect all types of collateral
7. Excellent understanding of government and specialty lending programs, as well as participated loans
8. Strong problem solving and attention to detail skills, resolves problems in a timely manner
9. Must possess excellent time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
10. Effective verbal and written communication skills
11. Comprehensive knowledge of Bank Core Systems
12. Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will