Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Research Engineer - 3D Reconstruction
at HERE Technologies
- Requisition ID
- Research & Development
What's the role?
The Edge Perception team is part of Perception group in the Highly Automated Driving Organization (HAD). HAD designs and builds hardware and software to enable autonomous mobility solutions by providing capabilities that span the cloud, the vehicle, and the data. We are an Agile team of folks who are collaborative and creative! Our mission is to provide technologies for real-time feature detection, sensor fusion, and localization. This includes research and software development for large-scale Machine Learning pipelines (Deep Learning on massive data sets) as well as highly optimized deployments for in-vehicle processing.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing innovative solutions for batch and stream processing in distributed systems
- Working with large-scale processing of sensor data, GNSS/IMU, and odometry
- Training and fine-turning deep learning network architectures for image and video processing tasks
- Integrating computer vision feature detectors with downstream processing modules in cloud-based pipelines
- Optimizing and deploying computer vision feature detectors to mobile devices, GPUs, FPGAs
Who are you?
You are able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment focused on innovation. You’re also someone who is able to learn and integrate complementary technologies inside and outside their specific area of expertise to deliver highly scalable and fault tolerant systems. You have experience with the following:
- Senior software development experience building scalable commercial applications or services.
- Advanced Python programming skills. C++ experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with AWS or other cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of computer vision and machine learning.
- Experience with Linux, Docker containers, and development tools like GIT and Jenkins
- Nice to have experience would be with Deep Learning, SLAM, and/or Localization techniques.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?” You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.