Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Substitute Teachers: Hiring NOW!
at Highline Academy
At Highline Academy we are seeking dedicated individuals to collaborate with high-caliber teachers that share our passion and commitment for inclusive excellence in education and in meeting the academic and social-emotional needs of all students in order to close the achievement gap.
Now Accepting Resumes For: On-Call Substitute Teachers
Duties include but are not limited to homeroom responsibilities with ~ 27 students, instructing Math, Literacy, Writing, and Science or Social Studies.
There is opportunities to sub at both or either of our Northeast and Southeast locations!
You can look forward to:
- A high-performing neighborhood Charter School ECE-4th Grade
- Diverse student population
- Well-developed sub plans, strong surrounding support and an ideal place to work
- $110 a day
- Great way to get to know Highline for your employment needs
What you’ll value about Highline:
- Differentiated instruction through smaller targeted classes and performance grouping
- Mentor partnerships designed to sustain and promote growth among teachers and faculty alike
- Flexibility and support to implement innovative approaches to pedagogy
- Regular observations designed to support and meet your individualized goals
- School-wide professional development designed to meet faculty goals on a weekly basis
- A community that embraces each individual’s contributions
- Exceptional team synergy
- Active partnership between our school community and families
What we value in our candidates:
- Dedication and passion for the individualized needs of students in order to close achievement gaps
- An appreciation for diversity with respect for student needs by differentiating instruction
- Relentless desire to reflect, improve, and grow as an educator
- Open to innovation in order to best meet student needs
- A willingness to do “whatever it takes”
- Ability and enthusiasm for collaboration
- Successful experiences working with diverse populations
- Exemplifying our core values using Highline’s Collaborative Norms
Skills and Qualities Sought
- Individual who seeks a fast-paced environment committed to meeting student needs.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and seeking honest feedback
- High capacity individual willing to do “whatever it takes”
- Entrepreneurial attitude and able to continuously adapt to an ever changing environment
- Strong classroom management
- Collaborative skills
- Bilingual not required but a plus
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Substitute teacher experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelors degree / Urban experience preferred
- Substitute teacher or classroom teacher certified
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)