Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Manager
at Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Colorado Springs, Colorado, proudly managed by National Hospitality Services, is conveniently located with easy access to I-25 and the Colorado Springs Airport. Nearby attractions include the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods, and Pikes Peak Cog Railroad ensures family fun, and venues like the World Arena provide quality entertainment. Our hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the Colorado Springs Airport which makes travel a breeze for business guests.
As Front Office Manager, you would be responsible for directing and administering Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage all Front Office operations including, but not limited to, guest service and registration, room inventory and availability, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability.
· Assist with marketing initiatives as needed.
· Monitor and develop team member’s performance including conducting performance evaluations and delivering recognition.
· Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends.
· Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
· Manage daily activities of the department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
· Communicate and enforce all hotel policies and procedures.
· Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
· Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and are knowledgeable of the local area and events.
· Complete audit procedures as needed.
· Assist in recruiting and interviewing new team members as needed.
· Conduct new hire and on-going training as needed.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest question and/or concerns.
· Reconcile and ensure staff accuracy of all front office billing procedures including Direct bills and OTA accounts.
· Ensure all cash handling procedures are followed and adhered to.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager.
· Serve as the ‘Manager on Duty’ when needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school or equivalent education required.
- A minimum of two years hotel front desk experience and one year supervisory/management experience is required.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to change.
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business.