Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Holland L.P.
CO - Pueblo
Holland LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, citizen status, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local employment laws or regulations in every location in which the company has facilities.
Produce welds meeting customer’s specifications. Meet or exceed plant production objectives, while ensuring quality and safety compliance. Lead welding production. Personnel must follow all general and safety policies and procedures as established by the Safety Manual.
· Produce quality welds.
· Setup on programming of controller.
· Set up and operation of welder.
· Understands and has good knowledge of the welding process, welding specs, working flow of the plant, quenching process, emergency procedures, communication procedures, safety, and required tools.
· Inspects weld.
· Be familiar with all other plant operations procedures.
· Attends all required training.
- Ability to perform required daily stretching exercises.
- Throughout entire length of shift, ability to stand; use hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle or manipulate objects, tools or controls: reach with hands and arms; speak and hear; walk, stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to continually operate a 12 lb 9” hand grinder at approximately waist height throughout entire length of shift; the grinder may be suspended from a tool balancer or stored on a fixture also at approximately waist height.
- Ability to lift and move 70 lb. rail crops.
- Ability to turn 80’ rail upright using a turning bar (with the assistance of one co-worker with another turning bar) if the rail turns over on the transfer racks.
- Excellent close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure on a regular basis to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust and smoke during operations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 1 to 3 months job related experience and/or training or equivalent education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of welding specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively explain conditions and issues.
- Ability to care out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Mechanical aptitude to make adjustments and repairs to electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems of welder.
- Process problem solving skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and meet the Holland Vehicle Fleet Policy.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time to add or remove tasks as circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
About the Company…
Holland L.P. is a $275mm organization headquartered in Crete, IL. We have over 1,200 employees who provide a variety of contract services within the railroad industry in North America. We strive to set industry standards for both our service expertise and our equipment in fulfilling our mission outlined in our slogan, A Rail Solutions Partnership Unlike Any Other. In addition, Holland designs and manufactures equipment and products for utilization by our railroad customers, both domestically and internationally. Our leadership decisions are guided by our core values, which are: Respect, Family, Partnership, Improvement and Integrity. Holland Company is wholly-owned by The Curran Group, a privately-held holding company located in Crystal Lake, IL.