Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at HomeAdvisor, Inc.
Are you a versatile writer with journalist’s knack for storytelling and a content marketer’s passion for writing concise, compelling content that converts?
HomeAdvisor, the largest online marketplace connecting homeowners with local home improvement and repair professionals, is looking for a skilled content writer to help tell our story and inform and engage our audience through:
- Web pages
- Print and digital magazines
- Email newsletters
- Social media
- Reports and white papers
- And more
As a content marketing writer, you’ll collaborate closely with the director of content development, content writers, graphic designers and other departments to create and refine content for both the HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List brands — developing assets to inform, attract, retain and convert an audience of homeowners and home service professionals in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment.
You’ll bring a passion for creating valuable, relevant and consistent content, as well as an appreciation for the role of content in building brand recognition and driving profitable customer action. And, you’ll be as comfortable writing an entertaining listicle-style blog post as you are distilling information for landing pages and interviewing sources to spotlight the stories and successes of our customers and service professionals.
What you’ll do:
- In alignment with business objectives, write content about a variety of topics for multiple platforms
- Collaborate closely with project stakeholders and team members to brainstorm and develop content ideas
- Write original headlines and concise body copy to inform and engage both consumer and B2B audiences
- Research stories and interview sources internally and externally
- Edit and proofread owned and contributed content for accuracy, organization, grammar, mechanics, spelling and cohesion with brand voice
- Manage time and tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Adhere to established style guides and editorial guidelines
- Follow trends in the home industry and help communicate them in engaging ways
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 2-5 years’ professional writing experience
- A working knowledge of content marketing principles, practices and techniques
- A demonstrated ability to write concise and compelling content for diverse audiences and diverse platforms
- Excellent interviewing, fact-checking and research skills
- An eagle eye for grammatical and spelling errors
- Critical thinking, audience empathy and a keen talent for finding and keeping the focus in every story
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write in a variety of voices and tones — and to bring a fresh perspective to recurring assignments and topics
- Familiarity with AP style and SEO practices
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as an active member of the team
- Proven follow-through and the ability to communicate with professionalism at all levels inside and outside of the organization
- A high standard and the ability to accept feedback and criticism without ego
- A collaborative mindset and a desire to learn and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field preferred
- Previous experience working with an editor in a corporate or agency environment preferred
**Please attach a writing sample with your application, or add a link to your portfolio**
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.
HomeAdvisor, a subsidiary of IAC (InterActiveCorp), is the nation’s largest digital home services marketplace matching homeowners with prescreened service professionals for home improvement, maintenance and repair projects. With 17 years of expertise, we’ve helped more than 35 million people find a trusted home service professional. Many things make up a successful company, but the real key to success is finding the right employees. If you're creative and ambitious and searching for a career in the challenging, fast-paced online world, HomeAdvisor is the place for you.
We went live in October 1999. While we feature the patented technology of ProFinder, showcasing the nation’s largest network of 125,000+ pre-screened, customer-rated and reviewed home improvement professionals, homeowners can also make informed home project decisions using resources including ProReviews, featuring only honest reviews from verified customers; True Cost Guide, providing average local and national costs for home projects; as well as robust home tips and project planning tools.
We have a rich and diverse company culture. All the teams in the company have a high energy, fast pace and hard work ethic with a "have fun" mentality. While we value both our employee's opinions and encourage feedback, we foster both personal and career growth. You can't go anywhere in the company without seeing a fun and invigorating place to work. In addition to comprehensive health and welfare benefits, we also offer many perks like on-site fitness classes, a relaxed business casual environment, local business discounts, and a strong sense of community.
Join the HomeAdvisor Talent Network today and stay up to-date on our openings as they continue to become available!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.