Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Software Development
at HomeAdvisor, Inc.
Who are we?
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO.
As the Director of Software Development, you lead the technical delivery efforts of multiple full-stack teams providing the technology that enables our service providers to be successful.
Primary things you'll be responsible for:
- Lead multiple teams in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of your owned products and services
- Hire smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver fast and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need
- Ensure sanity of architecture, operational excellence, and quality while delivering results on time
- Dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments, and operations to drive excellence through your organization
- Effectively mentor and develop a team of software development managers, who themselves lead people and technology
- Work with Product Management to deliver the product roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with your team, management and partners
- Own a portion of the technical vision and lead cross-functional teams to deliver upon your area of ownership
- Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
Experience and Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or relevant industry experience
- 10-12 years of overall software development experience
- 6-8 years of progressive leadership experience, including HR and managerial responsibilities
- Substantial experience implementing public facing web sites at all layers of the system, preferably in a Java ecosystem
- Experience building, delivering, and maintaining enterprise, large-scale, multi-platform software applications
- Knowledge of data modeling and SQL optimization within an Oracle environment
- Ability to demonstrated success in achieving results through others
- Knowledge of software development and project management processes
- Knowledge of software design patterns and best practices
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making
- Ability to communicate well with business stakeholders, resolve competing or contradictory objectives, and to unify disparate ideas into a homogenized solution
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interview technical candidates
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.
HomeAdvisor, a subsidiary of IAC (InterActiveCorp), is the nation’s largest digital home services marketplace matching homeowners with prescreened service professionals for home improvement, maintenance and repair projects. With 17 years of expertise, we’ve helped more than 35 million people find a trusted home service professional. Many things make up a successful company, but the real key to success is finding the right employees. If you're creative and ambitious and searching for a career in the challenging, fast-paced online world, HomeAdvisor is the place for you.
We went live in October 1999. While we feature the patented technology of ProFinder, showcasing the nation’s largest network of 125,000+ pre-screened, customer-rated and reviewed home improvement professionals, homeowners can also make informed home project decisions using resources including ProReviews, featuring only honest reviews from verified customers; True Cost Guide, providing average local and national costs for home projects; as well as robust home tips and project planning tools.
We have a rich and diverse company culture. All the teams in the company have a high energy, fast pace and hard work ethic with a "have fun" mentality. While we value both our employee's opinions and encourage feedback, we foster both personal and career growth. You can't go anywhere in the company without seeing a fun and invigorating place to work. In addition to comprehensive health and welfare benefits, we also offer many perks like on-site fitness classes, a relaxed business casual environment, local business discounts, and a strong sense of community.
Join the HomeAdvisor Talent Network today and stay up to-date on our openings as they continue to become available!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.