Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Product Manager
at HomeAdvisor, Inc.
HomeAdvisor is seeking an eager and driven Technical Product Manager to join our team in Denver. We are the largest home services marketplace in the US; over 40 million homeowners have turned to HomeAdvisor to find professionals for their repair and improvement projects.
As part of our Product team, you’ll be responsible for the strategy, development, and delivery of the best possible experience that helps homeowners find and hire the right professional for their project. In this role, you will own the logic that drives our core matching platform and determines the right service professionals to select for homeowner requests.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a keen sense of our customers’ needs as well as the competitive and market landscape to define the roadmap for the team that owns the core functionality and logic for matching the right service professionals to consumer project requests
- Drive the product vision – if you don’t own it and believe it, who will?
- Work closely and collaboratively with the engineering, analytics, and data science teams to define and write requirements for complex algorithms and functionality
- Partner with the data science team to build and optimize predictive algorithms based on business goals
- Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction and performance – focused on both broader ecosystem impacts of changes as well as user behavior
- Dig into the data until the facts are clear. Report your findings and turn them into actionable items for the business.
- Author product specifications for proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements/user stories
- Exhibit good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for understanding complex logic and improving it to drive desired business results
- A sharp analytical mind: All your decisions should be data-driven and supported by the data and research you’ve collected
- A track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed: you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in: consumer or B2B web product development, business analysis, and/or requirement writing
- A bias toward action: prefer to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment with a track record of working well with designers, developers, testers, marketing, and executives. Familiarity with Agile development tools is a plus
- Comfort with basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and reporting on results.
- Strong collaboration skills: You strongly prefer working in teams, but you're comfortable working independently when necessary.
- A savvy balance of independence and collaboration: You don't need to wait to ask for direction but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical.
- Superior organization skills
- Self-motivation with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, combined in 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 11 brands in eight countries.
HomeAdvisor has been named a Denver Post Top Workplace for 6 years running: 2013-2018. We're known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Our brand-new Headquarters will open in early 2019 in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, with plenty of space for balancing hard work and fun.
To continue the conversation, please submit a resume, and our team will follow up shortly. If you have questions prior to applying, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our online chats: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us. Please note that this is time for you to ask questions and learn about us – it’s not an interview!