Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cardiovascular Services Nurse Practitioner (CVNP), PRN
at Hospital Corporation of America
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 08936-76392
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Sky Ridge Medical Center is a full-service, acute care hospital and medical campus that features beautifully appointed private patient rooms, patient and family friendly amenities and a reputation for outstanding clinical care and world-class service.
- We offer a depth and breadth of care through our many services, from comprehensive Cardiac Care and Cancer Programs to an expansive Birth Place and Spine & Total Joint Center.
- With the completion of our expansion, you will have access to our campus gym, free 1000-space parking structure and continued shuttle service, just to name a few.
- Our goal is that Sky Ridge is the workplace of choice for not only our current employees but those seeking exciting, new career opportunities.
The inpatient nurse practitioner delivers nursing and collaborative medical aspects of care to specific populations within the scope and standards of practice set by the American Nurse's Association.
- The nurse practitioner collaborates with the physicians and interdisciplinary team members to review the plan of care and intervene when necessary to ensure adequate delivery of quality health care in a cost effective way.
- Utilizing extensive advanced knowledge of pathophysiology and pharmacology, the nurse practitioner exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of certain delegated medical processes and procedures.
- The Cardiovascular Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for stress testing, cardiac patient teaching, rounding on cardiac patients in collaboration with Cardiology, consultation with ED physicians on CP patients, and admission of CP patients from ED in collaboration with Hospitalists/Cardiology.
- In addition, the Cardiovascular Nurse Practitioner will facilitate patient throughput by assisting with rounding and or discharge of Cardiology patients. It is expected that the Cardiovascular Nurse Practitioner will play an active role in concurrent review for Core Measures, as well abstraction.
- The ultimate goal of the inpatient nurse practitioner is to improve continuity of patient care and facilitate patient flow throughout the health care continuum.
In addition to the above, the CHF Nurse Practitioner will responsible for the Outpatient CHF clinic, specifically assessing and managing patients in the clinic in collaboration with Cardiology. The CHF NP will assess CHF patients in the hospital, facilitate teaching and act as a resource for physicians and staff, in terms of medical management. If the patient(s) are not followed up in the clinic, then the CHF NP will facilitate follow up phone calls for these patients. The CHF NP will be responsible for Core Measure review, as well as Get With the Guideline abstraction and managing of any needed statistical collection.
Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse. BLS, ACLS Healthcare provider. Board Certification by the State of Colorado as a Nurse Practitioner (NP), CCRN preferred; requirement after 1 year in position.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Masters degree in nursing as an NP required; specialty area in Acute & Critical Care or similar preferred
Minimum two years clinical nursing experience in CV services; some critical care experience preferred, one year of experience in NP or related role preferred.
Demonstrates good organizational skills, ability to plan and provide for delivery of programming and education to nursing and non-nursing personnel, and excellent physician relations. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in working with interdisciplinary teams to ensure completion of projects. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of adult learning principles, nursing theory, nursing standards and practice and educational design and delivery. Proficiency in computer skills and presentation skills highly recommended. Strong critical thinking skills a must.