Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Laboratory Scientist/ FT Days- Free Standing Emergency Department
at Hospital Corporation of America
The Lab at North Suburban Medical Center is atight-knit, team-oriented group of dedicated professionals with a passion forhelping others. This is your opportunity to work in a progressivehealthcare environment with a dedicated team to provide essential laboratoryservices.
- Opportunity to grow and advance
- Positive team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
- All technical procedures
- Maintains knowledge of all procedures and protocols pertinent to the department
- Maintains proficiency in performance of technical procedures, including venipuncture and capillary puncture on patients of all ages
- Collects and processes specimens on patients of all ages as required.
- Performs test requests on patients with many different clinical conditions (from screening of healthy outpatients up to and including the major, complex intensive care patients) and all age ranges from newborns to geriatric patients
- Assists the clerical duties of the department
- Performs required function verification of equipment
- Communicates with other allied health care professionals and patients according to job requirements
- Performs testing inclinical Lab departments as assigned, following the policies and procedures ofthat department.
- MT(ASCP), or specialty,or eligible for registry or equivalent or MLT or equivalent expertise in theclinical laboratory field.
- Prefer 1-2 years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner with coworkers, physicians, nursing staff and patients
- Must demonstrate above average manual dexterity.
- Must have working knowledge of laboratory computers and instrumentation.
We are hiring top talent now. If you meet and exceed theabove qualifications, please apply today.