Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Office Specialist
at Hospital Corporation of America
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20757-76599
Exciting opportunity to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services with over 1000 practice locations!
HealthONE®, a part of the HCA Healthcare family, is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
We are looking for an exceptional Medical Office Specialist to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
Interested in learning more about us? Click here!
As a Medical Office Specialist, you play a pivotal leadership role in ensuring patients have a great experience from the moment they walk through the door to when they leave the office. The Coordinator helps oversee the operations of all front office functions to provide our patients high quality, patient-centered care.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists with all front office functions including patient relations, check-in/check-out, scheduling, insurance verification, and answering phones.
- Ensures any patient complaints are handled appropriately.
- Manages filing and retrieving medical records and patient information.
- Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of patient charge entry into the billing system, assists with collecting and recording co-pays (cash and/or charge), and balances patient accounting daily.
- One year of medical office experience is preferred.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience in a healthcare setting is highly preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience using an EHR system is extremely helpful.
We believe in going above and beyond, and feel that there is no nobler pursuit than that of caring for and improving human life. We hope you'll join us on our mission!