Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician and Provider Relations Pediatrics Sales Specialist
at Hospital Corporation of America
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 25742-5063
HCA's Strategic Physician and Provider Relations Team are responsible for business development and issue resolution with over 35,000 physicians and care providers. They consult with not only physicians but also the hospital executive administrative team and play a vital role in developing physician relationships within the respective hospital's community. They are viewed as an extension of hospital leadership and success of this team is a strong foundation to a very successful HCA careerpath.
The Service Line Sales Specialist is responsible for developing and retaining referrals from market physicians for the Pediatric service line.
- In collaboration with division and/or market clinical and business development leaders, evaluate, analyze, and interpret market utilization data for market facilities' service line, ensuring that sales priorities are identified in line with the vision and strategic goals of the Service Line.
- Evaluate, analyze, and interpret market demographics, including population, age, gender, race, and projected trends for both physicians and patient populations
- In collaboration with division and/or market CEO's, evaluate, analyze, and interpret current physician referral patterns and trends for market facilities' service line, ensuring that sales resources are optimized
- Provide thorough explanation of service line attributes, processes, and outcomes to consumer, physician, and market facility groups/individuals as needed
- Evaluate, analyze, and interpret financial margins for existing market facilities' service line
- In collaboration with division and/or market physician services, facility leaders, medical staff leadership and facility physician relations teams develop sales and retention strategies for target markets and facility service line
- Develop goals and timelines for closing new or enhanced physician referrals
- Present and gain support and commitment from market leaders, facility leaders, related medical staff leadership, and Outpatient Service Group Leaders for the service line market vision and sales plans
- Execute sales and retention strategies and plans; successfully close new business in accordance with predetermined targets
- Complete face-to-face sales meetings with physicians and practice managers, ensuring that a thorough understanding is gained regarding the physicians' desires and needs
- Complete follow-up meetings with physicians, practice managers, and/or other providers as needed to close new or additional business, ensuring that internal and external obstacles to business growth and retention are identified and minimized or eliminated
- Prepare and present monthly sales reports, identifying trends, additional business opportunities, and obstacles to retention and new business growth
- Continuously modify sales and retention strategies and plans to ensure optimal business outcomes and "win-win" results for physicians and company market providers for the service line
Education: Prefers a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration, or public health administration from an accredited college or university; Master's degree in Health Administration, Business, or Economics preferred
Requires a minimum of five 3-5 years of progressive sales experience in the Pediatric field. Clinical experience is highly preferred
- Ability to research, understand, and explain healthcare services' volume, utilization, and market data
- Ability to research, understand, and explain market demographics
- Ability to access, understand, and explain physician referral patterns
- Ability to access, understand, and explain facility financial reports
- Ability to design targeted sales strategies
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of sales strategies and techniques
- Ability to prepare and present executive reports
- Ability to verbally articulate service line and product attributes
- Ability to actively listen to physician and practice needs for hospital inpatient and outpatient services