Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
at Hospital Corporation of America
Shift: FT/Days, Rotating Weekends, 7:00am - 7:00pm
The Medical Center of Aurora
1501 S Potomac Street
Aurora, CO 80012
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Position Summary: This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical care to meet the needs of the whole person. The Emergency Department RN oversees and directs the care of all patients presenting to Emergency Department. Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients. Within the first year the RN will have gained basic emergency and emergency department pathways, knowledge and skill sets. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- RN License in the State of Colorado. Compact license acceptable but must obtain Colorado RN License within 180 days of hire.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification through the American Heart Association - required. PALS or ENPC required.
- TNCC preferred upon hire but must be acquired within 90 days of employment.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred. Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
Experience: One-year experience in emergent care preferred.
Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills.