Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) Hematology Oncology
at Hospital Corporation of America
Registered Nurse, Full Time
Hematology Oncology with a Mix of Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
Special Care in the Heart of Denver
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center (P/SL) provides state-of-the-art, complex medical care in the heart of Denver. Patients come from six states in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, and South Dakota. Centers of Excellence Include: Advanced Center for Spinal Microsurgery. Bariatric Surgery. Cardiac Rehabilitation. Certified by the American Association of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Colorado Blood Cancer Institute. Comprehensive Cancer Programs. The Denver Clinic for Extremities at Risk. Denver Wound Healing Center. Diabetes Management Center. High-risk Obstetrics, Level IIIC NICU & Pediatrics. Hyperbaric Oxygen Medicine. Kidney Transplant Center. Level IV Trauma Center. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Sleep Study Lab. Spine and Joint Care Specialty Services. Vascular Center Thoracic Outlet Program
What you can expect from being a Hematology Oncology Nurse (RN) at P/SL:
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke's Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
• You will oversees and directs the care of the patient with hematologic/oncologic diagnosis.
• You are responsible for the care of medical and surgical patients.
• You will serve as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• You will oversee and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
• Within the first year you will have gained basic clinical knowledge and skills of caring for hematology/oncology patients.
• When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Training and Professional Development
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
About us: HCA- Click to learn more
• Founded in 1968 with the guiding mission of being committed to the care and improvement of human life.
• 240,000 employees
• 250 locations in 20 states and England
• A Top 100 Healthcare Provider –Fortune Magazine
• Named a World's Most Ethical Company 9 years running
• HCA strengthens the communities we serve averaging 30,000 volunteer hours annually along with millions of dollars in financial contributions.
INTRODUCING our harmonizing mission, vision, values and standards of behavior
The Continental Division of HCA has adopted a shared mission, vision, values and standards of behavior that brings out the best in us individually and collectively.
We offer these as principles for all of us to live by every day, use in all our decisions, and to guide our daily behavior.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
To bring extraordinary healing, to all human beings.
Integrity– Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Compassion – Be appreciative to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation.
Accountability - Take ownership for how actions impact outcomes.
Respect – Value others and accept diversity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse; BLS – Healthcare provider. ONS chemotherapy provider card required within the first 9 months of hire. If the staff member is PRN, they will not be required to have ONS Chemotherapy Provider Card because they will not have enough exposure to chemotherapy/biotherapy to maintain competency in this area.
B. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
C. Experience: One year experience in acute care preferred.
D. Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills. Chemotherapy Certification preferred
Degree of supervision required: Involves general guidance and direction by the Patient Care Director, Nurse Manager and Unit Charge Nurse. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Ages of Patients Served: This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.)