Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Healthone Division CARE Critical Care FLOAT POOL - PRN
at Hospital Corporation of America
Registered Nurse (RN) CAREDivision Float Pool
Leading hospitals.Trusted care.
HealthONE® is the largest healthcaresystem in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees.
As part of the HealthONE family, The Medical Centerof Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke's MedicalCenter, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky RidgeMedical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospitalwork together to provide a higher level of care.
In addition, our family of services includes sixhospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgerycenters, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers,and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportationacross a 10-state region.
HealthOne is currently looking for a Registered Nurse(RN) in our CARE Division wide Float Pool – Full time with benefits and PRNavailable; must be flexible for mixed shifts.
HealthONE/HCA Division CARE Float Pool -ER
General Statement ofDuties:
The ER Float Pool RN willutilize the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to patientsin order to achieve quality outcomes and communicate need forguidance/supervision based on self-assessment of strengths and limitations.Promotes a positive image of nursing and promotes collegiality among healthcareteam members.
Hours per Pay Period: ED RN: Minimum hours, weekend commitment, and demographic locationdetermined by the group and hospital POD in the HealthONE CARE pool Agreement.
Holiday Requirements: ED RN PRN: 1 Major or 1minor holiday, and 1 difficult to staff day annually. ED RN benefited: 1 Major and 1 minor holiday, and 1 difficult tostaff day annually.
Hospital Location Floating: HealthONE C.A.R.E Pool employees willbe required to float to HealthONE facilities within the chosen hospital pod. C.A.R.EPool Nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies. C.A.R.EPool Nurses can be placed in a unit below their competency level with amodified assignment.
- Graduateof a certified School of Nursing.
- BSNstrongly preferred.
- ED RN (Tier V) are required to have a compact RN license or Colorado RNlicense accepted upon hire, CO license required within 90 days of hire.
- CurrentBasic Life Support (BLS) with American Heart Association required on hire.
- AdvancedCardiac Life Support (ACLS) with American Heart Association required on hire.
- PediatricAdvanced Life Support (PALS) required on hire.
- TraumaNurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) required on hire.
- Proofof past certification of Emergency Nurse Pediatric Curriculum (ENPC) or can beobtained after hire.
- NationalInstitute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification can be obtained afterhire.
- Minimumof at least two years of RN experience in critical care, preferably in theemergency department, for Tier V (ED RN).
- Demonstratesgood organizational skills.
- Providessafe and appropriate patient care within the Values & Standards of NursingPractice.
- Displaysappropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
- Communicatespositively and professionally with all internal and external customers.