Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
**Assistant Director, HHS Environmental Services (Colorado Springs, CO)
Management Opportunity available
HHS: THE NATION’S LEADING BOUTIQUE HEALTHCARE SUPPORT SERVICE PROVIDER
At HHS (formerly Hospital Housekeeping Systems), we are committed to providing our hospital partners with the highest quality service and hospitality in the industry. We have grown from our start as an environmental services (EVS), or housekeeping, provider serving one hospital partner in Texas, in 1975, to a company serving more than 400 partners and employing 13,000 team members nationwide.
Our approach to environmental services management is patient-focused and performance-driven. We have grown primarily by reference, and we are proud of where this steady growth has lead us. Today, we provide best-in-class housekeeping, culinary, patient flow, linen utilization management, facilities management, and clinical engineering services to a wide range of hospitals and healthcare providers.
HHS Environmental Services
Our approach to environmental services management is patient focused and performance driven. We have meticulously engineered our programs and policies to ensure exceptional cleaning results and maximum operational efficiency and we pride ourselves on the ability to tailor our systems to meet the unique needs and challenges of each individual partner we serve.
Over the past 40 years, we have meticulously engineered our programs and policies to ensure exceptional quality results and maximum operational efficiency, and we pride ourselves on the ability to tailor our systems to meet the unique needs and challenges of each individual partner we serve.
We believe in promoting from within, and we are seeking professionals with the drive to make a difference. HHS is seeking qualified candidates for Assistant Director of Environmental Services.
Take a hospitality-focused approach to everything they do
- Have a positive and proactive attitude
- Be engaged with hospital leaders and behave as a member of their team
- Strive to motivate and encourage team members each and every day
- Strive to embody our company-wide commitment to service excellence
- Identify potential problems and address them head on
- Lead by example; we do “above and beyond” every single day
This position reports to Director of the facility; Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership to housekeeping team for all EVS operations.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and develop team member’s performance providing regular and timely assessment.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, The Joint Commission, OSHA, and industry regulatory agencies.
- Execute and maintain daily quality control systems.
- Demonstrate continuous ability to maintain and/or improve customer and patient satisfaction.
- Collaborate with hospital administration and other departments to provide world class service.
- Monitor and maintain operating budgets such as payroll, supplies, equipment, and hospital budgets.
- Create weekly schedules for work force.
- Conduct daily team meetings to discuss operational and safety goals.
- Reward and recognition for hourly team members.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 plus years managing salaried and hourly employees.
- Must possess excellent presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, service oriented environment.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling sensitive/confidential information.
- Effective judgment and decision making ability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and web-based software.
- Must be proactive, self motivated and demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Effective collaborative skills; performing comfortably in group settings.
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Relocation is required.
Benefits and Compensation
Our company is a great place to work; we offer paid vacations, paid sick days, full benefits, exceptional compensation packages, and the opportunity for advancement. Increasing compensation and advancing your career will only be limited by your performance. All compensation packages are negotiable. Regardless of your starting point with HHS, our history has proven that most salaried team members can double their base compensation within 5 years of their start date.
We give you the tools you need to grow, and YOU control your destiny!
HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.