Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Engineering Intern
at Ideal Industries
- # of Openings
J. Walter Becker founded IDEAL in 1916 and made a promise that is still an important part of the way IDEAL operates today: "An IDEAL product will provide a value greater than the price paid for it. Service is a part of the product." Becker's foundational principle represents our everyday commitment to you. It's the driving force behind our partnerships with the world's leading distributors, a state of the art delivery system, outstanding customer and technical support and variety of operational benefits designed to save you time and money. It means we're proud of the way we do business.
IDEAL brings you products that make your job easier; products that you can rely on, with warranties you can trust; products that are available whenever and wherever you need them. Every IDEAL product comes with the promise made by our founder more than 90 years ago.
This internship position provides opportunities for student to experience practical application of mechanical/industrial engineering to supplement classroom learning. The internship will be within the Engineering department of IDEAL Corporate.
- Evaluate equipment and consult with production operators, maintenance and other resources to write technical documents for existing and new processes.
- Support engineering projects as assigned
- Evaluate equipment and consult with production operators, maintenance and operators, maintenance and other resources to write technical documents for existing and new processes.
- Support engineering projects as assigned.
- Review technical documents with the technical team.
- Conduct time studies and review standards of work.
- Develop automoation and assembly fixtures for new products.
- Possess 3-D modeling experience
- Possess strong math skills
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Knowledge of technical writing principles
- Abile to collaborate with others to understand specific problems and evaluate solutions
- Able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Able to take initiative to evaluate and solve problems creatively
- Able to prioritize assignments to successfully complete projects on time
- Pursuing a four year Mechanical engineering degree
- Microsoft proficient
- Solidworks experiance a plus
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
IDEAL INDUSTRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.