Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ideal Industries
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
J. Walter Becker founded IDEAL in 1916 and made a promise that is still an important part of the way IDEAL operates today: "An IDEAL product will provide a value greater than the price paid for it. Service is a part of the product." Becker's foundational principle represents our everyday commitment to you. It's the driving force behind our partnerships with the world's leading distributors, a state of the art delivery system, outstanding customer and technical support and variety of operational benefits designed to save you time and money. It means we're proud of the way we do business.
A subsidiary of IDEAL, Western Forge produces the highest-quality metal work in the USA and is an American standard in premier hand tool craftsmanship.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Handles shipment bookings and routing requests.
- Prepares domestic and international shipping documents.
- Maintains shipment tracking reports.
- Manages Logistic vendors to ensure on-time delivery of freight and customer satisfaction while meeting financial requirements, trade compliance, company goals, and objectives.
- Perform varied warehouse tasks under the regular direction of the Supervisor and/or Lead person, including but not limited to:
- Accurately processing customer orders into shipments
- Operating a powered industrial truck to move and store material as required
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Receive inventory and validate quantities against purchase orders
- Stocking of shelves with material
- Generation of DOT required documentation, including the Bill of Lading
- Packaging of freight shipments to prevent product damage. This includes shrink wrap, banding, and proper carton stacking techniques
- Follow all quality procedures and instructions.
- Maintains housekeeping in the work area.
- Other related duties as directed by management
IDEAL INDUSTRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Strong written and oral communications skills to work effectively across organizations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform duties with tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment, ability to work effectively under pressure, and to work overtime when needed.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant logistics experience in a warehouse environment; associate’s degree from a two-year college will be a plus.
- Must be able to frequently lift, push and pull up to 20 lbs, for 9-10 hours per day and, on occasion, lift and push up to 60 lbs. This capability will either be determined from a physical exam, or verifiable past performance.
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting during a shift (9-10 hours) with frequent reaching, pulling and bending.