II-VI Optical Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chief Engineer (Electrical)
at II-VI Optical Systems
- 21-Mar-2019 to 20-May-2019 (PST)
- 98 - Redstone
- Longmont, CO, USA
- Full Time
II-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Our Redstone Aerospace location is looking for a passionate Chief Electrical Engineer to join our team who is eager to apply his/her experience, talents, and creativity to advancing one of the most exciting electro-mechanical technologies. You will lead an engineering team and have a high degree of flexibility to develop successful electrical system design solutions that leverage high performance components and technologies to meet program requirements. You will be involved in all stages of development from concept to delivery.
Minimum BS in electrical engineering or related discipline: preferably in physics, control systems, aerospace or electrical engineering.
Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience leading technical aspects of electrical systems, including sensors and actuators. Should be expert level in opto-electronic assemblies. Experience in an aerospace engineering environment is preferred.
- Technical leadership of projects where you oversee and execute on all electrical engineering aspects in partnership with program management to meet requirements, cost, and schedule
- System engineering, requirements flow-down, technical risk assessments and risk reduction
- Directing a team of engineers and designers to develop designs for electrical subsystems, components and cables
- Direction and guidance for detailed design and analysis of electrical systems and components including on-board sensors, actuators, power distribution, data conversion, and interconnects, as well as external system control electronics and power supplies
- Direct engineers and subject matter experts on system level details including assembly and subassembly requirements, power and thermal requirements, control system requirements, electrical routing and connectivity, and grounding & shielding
- Final decision on component selection and procurement
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral presentation skills for interfacing with customers as well as engineering staff
- A passion for high-tech engineering, an eagerness to learn, and a desire to become deeply integrated and engaged with a team of like-minded people
- Experience with power and signal distribution design for embedded systems including cable/ harness design, connector selection, EMI & EMC shielding, grounding, and power dissipation
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, LabVIEW, embedded software (C/C++), microcontrollers, digital communications such as RS232, RS485, RS422, and UDP
- Relevant hands-on experience fabricating, integrating, troubleshooting, and qualifying electrical system designs to requirements
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance
"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."