Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
6092 - Database Administrator (PostgreSQL)
Job Title: Database Administrator (PostgreSQL), Task 22.214.171.124
Worksite Location: 18201 E. Devil’s Thumb Avenue, Buckley AFB, CO 80011
Security Clearance: Top Secret w/ SCI (TS/SCI); CI Poly Preferred (IndraSoft will be getting a CI Polygraph for the selected candidate)
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Database Administrator with a Top Secret/SCI Clearance (CI Poly Preferred) to work in Aurora, CO (Buckley AFB). The candidate will be a highly motivated individual who works well as part of multi-disciplinary team. The candidate must have a strong foundation and extensive experience working with databases on multiple platforms. Candidate must be able to develop and implement data architecture, data modeling and database administration. The candidate should have a firm understanding of software database principles and be able to perform a variety of routine project tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, or electronics or equivalent. Three (3) years of Information Technology (IT)/Database Administration/development experience is considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
• 3-5 years of database administration/development experience.
• Experience with DDL scripts to create, maintain, and upgrade database schemas.
• Understanding of sweeper indexes, memory management techniques, standard GIS storage options and common database tuning techniques.
• Must be able to monitor, log and resolve database performance issues, response times for reports and transactions, unusual entries in the alert logs, trace files, failures, and free space.
• Experience with deployment of critical patch updates and security patches within a Government-Approved deployment and mitigation schedules to maintain a hardened and secure infrastructure.
• Experience applying major and minor upgrades to database server software.
• Experience with database optimization, performance tuning, backup and restoration, table space allocation/management, managing the overall health and status of the database, managing the database schema, creating triggers and storage procedures, monitoring alert logs and resolving database-related issues.
• DoD Top Secret SCI Security Clearance; CI Poly Preferred
• Certification: DoD 8140.01 IAT Level II or III. Must currently be certified on one, or more, of the following (CCNA Security, CySA , GICSP, GSEC, Security CE or SSCP).
• Current, and relevant, Computing Environment (CE) certification relating to Database Administration or Development (preferably PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MYSQL, Oracle, etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement data architecture, data modeling and database administration.
• Create scripts, maintain, and upgrade database schemas.
• Monitor, log and resolve database performance issues, response times for reports and transactions, unusual entries in the alert logs, trace files, failures and free space.
• Deployment of critical patch updates and security patches within a Government-Approved deployment and mitigation schedules to maintain a hardened and secure infrastructure.
• Apply major and minor upgrades to database server software.
• Ensure database optimization, performance tuning, backup and restoration, table space allocation/management, managing the overall health and status of the database, managing the database schema, creating triggers and storage procedures, monitoring the Oracle alert logs and resolving database-related issues.
• Perform and test backup and recovery processes. Leverage existing tools to perform daily exports and snapshots to reconstitute databases in the event of a failure.
• Investigate, resolve or recommend resolution options for identified defects or issues with developed solutions.
• Work with a project team or as an individual contributor to specify non-functional requirements, size system hardware (physical and virtual), maintenance steps, tuning/troubleshooting performance issues.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.