Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Contracting Operations Leader (Energy Services, Building Automation and Turnkey)
at Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
AtIngersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around theworld. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—including ClubCar®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance thequality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect foodand perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduringresults. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusiveenvironment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring adiverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United Statesqualified protected veterans.
Functionsas Contracting Team Leader. Responsible for the administration,implementation, and management of the contracting fulfillment processes in itsgoal of operational excellence, support of overall strategic objectives, andaccountable for overall project financial results.
Thisposition is responsible for greater than $50M in Revenue.
ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions maybe assigned.
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained, after an order is closed, for contracting process and functions required for execution and customer satisfaction, including new equipment, existing building services, and building automation.
- Overall contracting responsibility for the following functions within the categories of new equipment, existing building services, and building automation: order validation, order entry, order follow up, customer inquiry, engineering, submittals, service operations, building automation operations, project management, technical support, warranties, claims, and resource allocations.
- Responsible for achieving mission objectives regarding profit and resource goals.
- Monitor, measure, and modify process and process measurements to effectively and efficiently meet customer needs.
- Develops or works with team leaders/coaches to establish required skill sets, talents, and capabilities.
- Interacts with Sales to ensure smooth hand off of projects from the sales process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Manages associate performance for effectiveness and efficiency in relation to customer service and center profitability.
- Maintains quality standards by supervising and inspecting job sites.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and staff as needed.
- Responsible for internal communications flow relative to the operations process.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of Trane products, product design, and requirements for installation as well as working knowledge of HVAC principles.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of external market conditions and internal requirements related to existing building sales, building automation systems and new construction sales.
- Responsible for compliance with internal contracting processes.
- Reviews project measurements and monitors projects through warranty periods.
- Some travel with occasional overnight stays. (insert %)
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
May coach subordinate supervisors in the contractingprocess. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, andevaluation of this unit. Carries out management/leadershipresponsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicablelaws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding anddisciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
Bachelor'sdegree or equivalent in Electrical, Industrial, Civil, or MechanicalEngineering, Construction Management or equivalent; or eight (8) years relatedexperience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education andexperience.
Experiencedand knowledgeable in contracting processes associated with the installation ofbuilding automation systems and turnkey projects. Knowledgeable offinancially guaranteed contracts, Demand Flow Technology, order processing, andHVAC equipment. Familiarity with the operation of energy managementsystems, HVAC systems, temperature controls, and process control systems.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.