Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary：Under the direction of the Op Ex Team, this position is responsible for helping drive continuous improvement plant-wide by assisting in the rapid prototyping of improvement ideas and developing them into cost-effective solutions. As a Moonshine Technician, you will be expected to not only be innovative, but to collaborate with other disciplines to develop and implement improvements. This role will primarily drive improvements through tactical support of Kaizen, RIE's and other lean transformation activities.
- Fabricate tables, work stations, carts, tool stands, poke yoke devices, fixtures, ergonomic assists, safety devices, and any other devices that will help improve quality, productivity, and safety.
- Modify existing equipment to improve its usefulness in a process.
- Will often be working with operators trying to turn improvement ideas into workable, safe solutions
- Repurposing old or scrapped equipment to be reused safely
- Support Kaizen events comprised of multi-functional team members
- Assist operations in problem solving issues affecting takt attainment
- Improvement solutions must meet OSHA safety regulations & ergonomic standards
- Maintain shop cleanliness and safety
- Basic maintenance of shop equipment
- Mechanical – Thorough knowledge of machines and tools used for fabrication, welding, and general mechanical repair.
- Structural – Working knowledge of how to safely design, build, and verify basic mechanical structures and shapes constructed from various materials (wood, steel, aluminum,…)
- Electrical/Pneumatic/Hydraulic – Working knowledge and experience with any or all of these areas.
- Production and Processing – Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, costs, and other elements associated with an effective manufacturing system.
- Safety/Ergo – Strong working knowledge of OSHA safety rules & ergonomic guidelines
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a fabricator, welder (do NOT have to be ASME certified), machinist, mechanic, maintenance tech, integrator, programmer, or other related position
- Proficient with the use and maintenance of basic fabrication equipment including, but not limited to: welders, shears, brakes, torches, band saws, chop/cold saws, table saw, Ohm meter, PLC's, etc.
- Critical Thinking – good use of logic in understanding and solving problems
- Creative Thinking – ability to look at problems from many angles to find simple, effective solutions
- The ability to work well with others and communicate is critical.
- The ability to listen to multiple ideas, provide input, and allow the team to determine the path
- Deliver effective and safe solutions that the team supports.
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to identify & drive improvement
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.