Our client is a design/builder of general aviation, business aviation facilities and commercial projects nationwide. They specialize in the design and construction of corporate flight departments, fixed base operations, aviation completion and maintenance facilities, aviation paint hangars and commercial facilities. Their turn-key architectural and general contracting services focus on a wide variety of corporate, private and governmental aviation facilities as well as multiple types of commercial facilities.
As the Project Accountant, you will support the accounting team with construction project accounting, architectural project accounting and administrative office support. This is a duel focus position where familiarity with construction project accounting processes and an understanding of office administrative workflow is necessary. This position proactively assists in organizing, supporting and coordinating the process and records for accounting on construction and architecture projects and assists with general company administrative duties when needed to meet the company VISION!
- Process invoices for construction, architecture and overhead
- Process weekly check runs
- Scan, file and organization of payable records/payments
- Organize and post weekly credit card receipts
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Work with project coordinators when issuing subcontracts, PO’s and change orders
- Work with subcontractors regarding invoices
- Request and follow up on lien waivers from subcontractors/supplies
- Request and update files with certificate of insurance and W-9’s for all vendors/subcontractor
- Assist in the collection of data for year-end audit and insurance audit
- Answer phones as backup
- Awareness of employee whereabouts and travel schedule
- Assist in new and continued project file setup and maintenance
- FedEx and mail processing
- Minimum of Associate’s degree or 2 - 4 years construction accounting experience
- Prefer previous construction job cost accounting experience
- Knowledge of construction practices and procedures
- Require excellent skills in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Prefer Sage 100 Contractor Accounting software experience
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #PRO