Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager - probation, Spanish speaking
at Intervention, Inc.
|Title:||Case Manager - probation, Spanish speaking|
Intervention, Inc., a Colorado non-profit, provides services within the criminal justice system across the state of Colorado including sobriety monitoring (UAs/BAs), electronic monitoring, probation supervision and community corrections.
Make a difference by working with a company committed to enhancing client's success and incorporating our values of Respect, Honesty and Integrity, Professionalism, Compassion and Empathy, Accountability and Responsibility into everything we do
- Commitment to employee training and career growth
- Opportunity to make a difference while gaining experience in the criminal justice field
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with generous company match and immediate vesting
- Paid holiday, vacation and sick time
- Premium Pay for bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Intervention is a qualified employer under the public service student loan forgiveness (PSLF) program
Supervise a caseload of Spanish speaking probation clients to ensure each client understands, adheres to and completes the terms and conditions of probation so they can successfully complete their sentence. Provides case management for a caseload of general probation clients through supervision, monitoring compliance, and holding clients accountable according to Intervention policies and procedures
- Support, promote and adhere to the mission, values and Code of Conduct of Intervention Inc.
- Reflect Intervention Inc.s’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Maintain an accurate and complete case file for each client on caseload.
- Develop individualized case plans for client supervision purposes and monitor progression
- Meet with and explain verbally to the client, their case plan to ensure that the client understands his/her responsibilities, meet regularly to assess progress
- Encourage pro-social behavior, utilize positive behavior change techniques
- Assess and collect fees related to probation services
- Enter client data, progress and meeting notes into computer database
- Monitor drug and alcohol tests and same sex urine screens as required.
- Perform assessments/reassessments as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in Criminal Justice, Social or Behavioral Sciences or a related field required.
- One year related experience required, at least one year criminal justice system preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Spanish speaking only clients
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of constituents
- Ability to complete assessments and develop case plans.
- Ability to enter data, generate reports and create communications from variety of software programs and databases.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Company staff, stakeholders, and with diverse client base.
- Must pass background check and be granted access to state criminal databases.
- Demonstrated experience in Motivational Interviewing required within 1 year.
Click here to learn more about Intervention Inc or go to www.int-cjs.org/employment