Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Corrections Specialist
at Intervention, Inc.
|Title:||Community Corrections Specialist|
|Department:||Lakewood Community Corrections|
Intervention, Inc., a Colorado non-profit, provides services within the criminal justice system across the state of Colorado including sobriety monitoring (UAs/BAs), electronic monitoring, probation supervision and community corrections.
Make a difference by working with a company committed to enhancing client's success and incorporating our values of Respect, Honesty and Integrity, Professionalism, Compassion and Empathy, Accountability and Responsibility into everything we do.
- Commitment to employee training and career growth
- Opportunity to make a difference while gaining experience in the criminal justice field
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with generous company match and immediate vesting
- Paid holiday, vacation and sick time
- Hourly pay incentive for bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Shift incentive for overnight and holidays
- Intervention is a qualified employer under the public service student loan forgiveness (PSLF) program
Guides clients toward pro-social behavior and protects the safety of the staff, clients and community at large through monitoring and enforcing policies, rules and regulations with residential, non-residential and out client services clients.
- Support, promote and adhere to the mission, values and Code of Conduct of Intervention Inc.
- Reflect Intervention Inc.s’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Educate clients and ensure compliance with facility policies, rules and regulations
- Conduct internal and external rounds and headcounts throughout the facility to ensure safety and monitor compliance with policies.
- Support acceptable and issue sanctions for unacceptable behaviors through application of behavioral guidelines
- Monitor testing of clients through urinalysis and breathalyzer
- Perform pat searches, facility inspections and room searches to inspect for contraband and ensure clients are adhering to policies
- Regular and predictable attendance, flexibility in schedule/shift changes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- 2 years customer service and/or security experience, including experience working with people in stressful and/or crisis situations
- Basic ability to enter data, generate reports and create communications from variety of software programs and databases
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain calm and deescalate stressful situations
- Knowledge of the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Company staff, stakeholders, and with diverse client base.
- Must pass background check and have ability to access state criminal databases
- Ability to walk about a multi-floor building quickly and frequently
- Ability to lift and move furnishings while conducting searches
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Valid driver's license preferred
Starting Pay: $14.00/hr
Click here to learn more about Intervention Inc or go to www.int-cjs.org/employment