Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Energy & Power Senior Electrical Engineer
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacob's Energy and Power Solutions Group has a rewarding opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer focusing on power generation applications.
Leading master plan studies, analyses, design, construction oversite and specifically related to electrical systems for power generation applications;
Protective relaying schemes including coordination and development of relay settings for interface with advanced SEL systems;
Supervision of design and production team resources;
Equipment specifications, procuring, and factory acceptance testing electrical equipment including switchgear, high voltage breakers, GIS, transformers, and generation control equipment;
Electrical interconnection to the utility power grid and associated equipment;
System modeling and calculations including lightning protection, grounding, load flow, short-circuit, and arc-flash analyses;
Protective relay setting development, calculation, and coordination studies, including SCADA and SEL RTAC systems;
Development of construction document packages including required specifications and drawings that will be utilized for bidding and construction.
Client interface and communication and coordination with contractors and outside parties;
Training, quality control, engineering design and analysis.
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for Energy and Power related power generation process work for varied clients including power generation, combined heat and power, utility transmission and distribution on multiple projects of various sizes. Experience requirements include:
- B.S. (minimum) in Electrical Engineering is required
- Professional Registration (P.E.) is required, or ability to obtain within one year
- Minimum 10 years detailed experience in the development and implementation of power process electrical systems
- Task lead experience including scope and fee development, and project execution while meeting established schedule and budget requirements
- Protection system design
- Design for turbine generator in excess of 10MW and substation design interface including relay protection and interconnection agreements with utility companies
- Ability to direct the production of design packages using 3D AutoCAD, SmartPlant or equivalent is required
- Industrial power plant electrical systems evaluation and design preferred; related experience in chemical, petroleum and other industrial process plants is acceptable
- System modeling using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software is preferred
- Some travel required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.