Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Graphic Designer
Job Reference #: BI%200004YB
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs EGD seeks an accomplished mid-level designer with prior EGD firm experience. Must have strong BIM/Revit experience in addition to the full suite of Adobe design software. Working knowledge of SketchUp is a plus. This position
will support existing staff with current project loads and assist with development of full programs for future work. Aportfolio of completed work will be required.
In addition to typical EGD planning and design tasks the designer will focus on project drawing needs including:
- Locate and extract base plans & elevations from architectural drawing sets (BIM/REVIT).
- Clean-up backgrounds for Wayfinding and Signage Plans from multiple disciplines sheets/sets (BIM/REVIT).
- Delete un-necessary layers and content, verify all necessary content is available (BIM/REVIT).
- Export base plans in .pdf format for use in Adobe Illustrator CC17.
- Create drawing sheets in Adobe Illustrator CC17 following Jacobs EGD SOP.
- Data entry in Excel using EGD created auto-fill templates for TCO/Production files.
- Provide 2D Elevations/3D Views in BIM/REVIT for design validation upon request.
- Provide focused training to EGD staff in BIM/REVIT to fulfill project needs on a “as available” basis.
- Develop additional automation of Sign/Message Schedules and Sign Location Plans if possible, in BIM/REVIT.
- Assist with package assembly per direction in Adobe InDesign.
Develop overall EGD-BIM coordination standards that can be used across all Jacobs EGD Projects.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- PC platform - Working knowledge of and experience with BIM/REVIT, ProjectWise, Google Docs, Adobe CC17 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) Bluebeam, Microsoft Excel. SketchUp is a plus.
- Field survey experience is desirable but not required.
- Working knowledge of sign fabrication methods and materials is required with hands-on experience a major plus.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.