Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GIS System Architect and Support
You will get the opportunity to provide planning, design, and Tier 3 technical support for the delivery of the Enterprise GIS infrastructure in North America while contributing as a key member of the Global Enterprise Geospatial Team in the Project Technology Services group at Jacobs. You will lead as the liaison between Jacobs consulting business for Geospatial across all lines of business and Corporate IT.
- ArcGIS Enterprise and Server administration
- ArcGIS.com user/role management and support
- Support for published map services web applications
- Support for documentation related to best practices and SOP
- Esri software installation, maintenance, and updates on enterprise servers
- Measure and refine support delivery for Global Enterprise GIS systems
- Experience with network architecture design patterns to reduce latency and increase efficiency
- Experience with cloud technologies and hosting methodologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Significant experience with designing digital workflow ranging from mobile data collection to database management to data visualization.
- Significant experience with RDMS such as MS SQL Server and Oracle. Ability to design and customize database schemas, and write custom SQL for data querying
- Experience creating, publishing, and managing map services.
- Can work in a dynamic team environment with scientists, planners, engineers, and technologists.
- Display attributes of a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, versatile, and has a client service mentality).
- Develop and implement project plans and work assignments, ensure product quality, on-schedule, and on-budget completion, and safety.
- Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills with ability to discuss projects with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and internal team members, and in public in meetings as well as excellent writing skills by producing concise and readable documents.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- B.S. Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, or directly-related discipline with 10 years of experience.
- Significant experience with the ESRI suite of software, including: ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal), ArcGIS Server, SDE, ArcGIS Online, Web AppBuilder o Desktop: ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcScene o Apps: Collector for ArcGIS, Explorer, Survey123
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.