Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Piping Designer
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined withJacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professionalproject and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. Wehave almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the worldcovering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining andenhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities foryou to join us.
This is a Lead Piping Designer role. The Lead Piping Designer hasextensive knowledge in general layout best practices as well as oil and gasspecific design concepts. In addition, Lead Piping Designer understandsprogress reporting, as well as tracking schedule and budget. A strong understanding of the general anddetailed aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problemsand situations ordinarily encountered is required. Work performed under minimalsupervision to develop quality design deliverables within given schedule andsupervise the work of other designers to develop the same. Interacts withinternal and external personnel including client representatives, constructionrepresentatives, and operations personnel on matters of significant importance.
- Responsible for all aspects of Piping Design on assigned projects.
- Leads teams of designers/engineers to develop Piping deliverables while maintaining responsibility for quality, schedule, and budget.
- Responsible for developing change orders as necessary due to scope changes.
- Interact with internal and external personnel on matters of significant importance.
- Design all or portions of piping systems within assigned projects and supervises layout/design of others.
- Use computer-aided design equipment to layout piping systems, complete detailed design, and extract drawings for various levels of design completion up to and including final construction documentation.
- Coordinate design criteria with materials engineering, stress analysis, and other engineering/design disciplines in accordance with contractual specifications.
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.