Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineer (Buildings Design)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Mechanical Engineers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The engineer will be responsible for providing system design: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external) under the guidance of more senior technical staff. The Engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
Prior experience in building mechanical systems design is required
Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
- Support senior engineer and/or senior designer in the on-going determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Processing RFI's, Change Orders
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE) required
- 2 years experience working in a corporate engineering environment required
- Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD required
- Experience working on commercial buildings, airports, and data center projects preferred
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing required
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork required
- EIT preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.