Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jacob's Studio
With 2017 revenues of approximately $15 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 74,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230 offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
The Jacobs Mining andMinerals team in our Denver office is seeking an experienced Project Engineer withspecific experience delivering engineering projects in Mining and Minerals.
The primaryresponsibility of the project engineer is to ensure the technical integrity ofthe project including compliance with the project scope, projectspecifications, accepted good engineering practices, Jacobs and our clients'work processes, project schedule and overall budget. Project Engineer istypically assigned the responsibility of a large project or multiple smallprojects and performs the work under the direction of projectmanager. This position requires the exercise of discretionaryauthority for determining alternatives and making specifications.
- Oversees the engineering activity (all disciplines) on a small project, or designated portions of a project for a global business unit.
- Plans and directs engineering assignments on the project. Has technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments.
- Supervises multidisciplinary engineering activities on small to large projects or designated portions of a larger projects.
- May exercise operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated lead position.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering industry.
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices.
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures.
- Proficient execution planning skills.
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities.
- Supports development of proposals and bid processes.
- Provides support for project proposal pricing.
- Performs risk analysis and develop risk management plans.
- Understands and applies project control principles including scope management.
- Working knowledge of the EPCM business and TIC estimating processes.
· Understands contractualrequirements for the projects.
· May assist/advise juniorlevel team members.
- Travel to client sites is required.
- BS or MS in an Engineering field with a minimum of 15 years of related experience in engineering.
- Experience in engineering/design and construction of mining and minerals projects.
- Professional Engineering certification in related discipline preferred.
- Assures change management systems and processes are implemented and followed.
- Identifies potential project problems early, report issues and problems to operations leadership, and work with project teams to address and implement recovery plans.
· Coordinates activitiesand services with corporate support groups including human resources,accounting, legal, contracts management, procurement and safety.