Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Gas Pipelines
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position would be responsible for all aspects of gas pipeline projects. Perform detail design, material selection and specifications for proposed pipeline integrity projects (replacements and assessments). Take lead and assist in coordination of gas pipeline design and development with other engineering disciplines and third party sub-contractors. Prepare cost estimates and manpower requirements. Check design compliance with applicable codes and client's standards and specifications. Project managers would be expected to:
- Manage Engineering, Procurement and Construction
- Leads the entire team to successfully meet the project objectives:
- Cost Management - from estimating and budgeting, cost tracking and contingency management through closeout
- Schedule tracking and management
- Scope - establishes project scope and develops contracting package scopes in conjunction with the project team
- Change Management and contingency management
- Safety Leadership
- Engineering – controls engineering working together with the project engineer
- Procurement – Assures that all materials are procured according to engineering requirements and delivered on time
- Construction – Responsible for construction through the Construction Manager
- Quality – Insures that all quality requirements are met through effective use of the assigned inspectors and field engineers
- Closeout and Documentation – Responsible for completing all record documents and final turn over
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- 15 years of experience in designing, testing and installing natural gas pipelines and facilities
- Strong working knowledge of 49 CFR 192 and ASME B31.8
- Strong working knowledge of gas piping systems, P&IDs, PFDs, site layout and material take-offs
- BS Degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineer Certification preferred, but not required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.