Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Process Engineer - Mining
The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Help to meet the ever increasing global demand for metals and minerals products. Our Process engineering positions provide you the opportunity to work with and develop leading edge technologies within Jacobs around the globe. Each day, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical skills as well as collaborate with our regional energy engineering staff to support projects in the mining & minerals engineering markets. As a contributing member of a project team, you will work with senior engineers to provide chemical/process engineering design for hydrometallurgy and mineral processing systems around the world. Work may include preparation of material specifications and requisitions, performing calculations, simulations, and basic preliminary analyses, and support of construction projects.
Our Mining & Minerals Process Engineers:
- Participate as part of a process design team on various projects. Provide business development support in the preparation of mining industry proposals and project scope development.
- Exhibit basic understanding of Department/Corporate procedures and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Assist with planning and scheduling of process work.
- Execute process tasks within Budget and Schedule.
- Participate in meetings with the client and project team to establish project objectives and to coordinate and/or resolve design problems.
- Collect relevant data from field.
- Complete routine process engineering reports, studies, and calculations.
- Develop process flow diagrams (PFDs) and P&IDs.
- Generate equipment specifications, technical bid tabs and review/approve vendor submittals.
- Coordinate design criteria and details with other departments.
- Check process deliverables, prior to formal issue.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Process Department Manager.
- Model processes using Aspen, Hysis, Metsim, JKSimMet etc.
- Take an active part in professional societies such as the SME etc.
- Take part in commissioning activities.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in Engineering Design.
- Professional Engineer Certification.
- A minimum of 4 years operational experience.
- Strong mineral processing background in solvent extraction and electrowinning is preferred.
- Self-motivated professional engineer with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Excellent oral and written communications, team-oriented work practices, strong data analysis skills, technical problem-solving ability, organizational skills, multitasking ability and excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite) as well as a desire to grow both personally and professionally with each engineering opportunity.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.