Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
As a recently licensed Civil Engineer and key member of our team,you'll get to work with the most talented and diverse team of engineers andplanners in the Denver transportation market. You will have the chance to contribute to thedesign and construction of transportation projects in beautiful and majesticlocations throughout the western United States. Working with other members of the team, thisposition includes involvement in the technical project work, as well as projectdelivery, task management, and the ability to communicate and coordinate withteam members and clients. You'll work across the state of Colorado and otherwestern states in support of a broad range of unique transportation designprojects. During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to growprofessionally through designing challenging projects and leading project teamsto deliver projects. You will use your experience and technical designskill set to:
• Collaborate with a dynamic team of professionals on multiple projects
• Communicate and coordinateyour workload among engineers and managers
• Work independently to bring assigned tasks to completion
• Develop preliminary and detailed designs, construction drawings and costestimates
• Understand and apply AASHTO and agency design standards to theprojects you work on or review
• Assist with developing scoping reports
• Assist Project Engineers and/or Project Managers as needed
• Works collaboratively with the CAD technician team
• Attend design review meetings, and interact with clients as your level ofexperience progresses
• A minimum of 4 years design experience with at least 2 years of desiredexperience working on Central or Western Federal Lands projects
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from accredited university
• Recently acquired your Professional Engineer license (any state)
• Strong proficiency with Microstation
• Good knowledge of Civil Design Software (InRoads, OpenRoads orGeopak)
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as other commonlyemployed software
• Ability to work well with others and collaborate in a dynamicwork environment
• Ability to travel occasionally to project sites and walkextended distances
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.