James Irwin Charter Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PTEC Shop Assistant
at James Irwin Charter Schools
Pay: up to $11.10/hour
The pay for this position is $11.10 an hour
Job Reference #: 279
Openings as of 3/28/2020
- PTEC Shop Assistant JobID: 279
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
James Irwin Power Technical
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
When position is filled CTE Middle and High School Instruction Assistant
- Associates degree or qualified work experience to work in a Construction, Woodshop, Weld Shop, or Machining Shop.
- We ask that you have experience running manual machines, and a basic knowledge of construction technologies.
- You will need to be able to work well with 6th through 12th grade students.
- You will need to understand and teach shop safety to 6th through 12th graders.
- Topics of instruction include, but are not limited to:
- Reading blue prints, understanding of how to construct a house from start to finish., HBI and OSHA 10 certification knowledge to teach (if possible).
- Understanding of simple metal working tools such as MIG welder, small manual brake/shear and hand tools.
- Use of other hand tools such as drills, drill press, sanders, hand planers, etc.
- Able to manage multiple groups of students at a time, in a variety of locations in the shop, while equipment is running.
- Excellent classroom management.
- The benefit package has 100% of the employee's medical and dental premiums paid by the employer.
- The teacher will be provided with a laptop for grading and parental/staff communication.
- Days worked: 191 days.
- Monday through Friday 7:20 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
- Robust teacher development and training program.
- Are energetic, flexible, positive and solution-minded;
- Don't mind working hard for student success;
- Love working with middle school and high school age students;
- Appreciate being coached for excellence in teaching; and,
- Want to be part of one of the best faculties and work environments in the nation.
- Maintain detailed, accurate and up-to-date student records, including grades, attendance, and gradebooks;
- All staff will be assigned to a guild to help oversee student-led activities, this may require you to volunteer as a chaperone;
- All staff will be part of one or more school-based committees (e.g. student leadership, parent communication, staff events)
- Perform other duties, as assigned (e.g., traffic duty, after-school detention, lunch monitoring); and,
- Support James Irwin Charter Schools’ mission and vision;
- Support the PTEC mission and vision statements;
- Support and follow all JICS policies and procedures;
- Self-advocating, quick learner;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills with students and parents;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, volunteers, students, and parents;
- Excellent in time management;
- Dress modestly and appropriately;
- Tatoos must be covered;
- Able to maintain a calm, professional demeanor under pressure;
- Positive, solution-based attitude.
Teaching Positions Available for 2019/2020 School Year
This position start date is January 6, 2020. The pay for this position is $11.10 an hour. You will work 191 days.
Power Technical is a completely new type of school, grades 6-12, that is focused on teaching skilled trades such as welding, machining, construction, electrical wiring, plumbing, and CAD/Engineering. Teachers will work in a high energy environment where we will create lesson plans that support not only Math, Science, History, and English but work to integrate everything we do into woodshops, metal shops, construction shop, manufacturing shop, and CAD/Engineering.
Our approach to Lean Education will help to streamline the teacher planning process with common goals in mind and support student achievement through hands-on learning activities. Students will not only learn theory, they will put that theory to practice each day.
PTEC is a public school of choice located at 2525 Canada Drive in Colorado Springs.
The hiring process:
1. Please contact Rob Daugherty at 719-216-7818.
This may be the career move you've been looking for if you: