JBS Five Rivers Cattle Feeding LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Accounting Manager (Controller)
at JBS Five Rivers Cattle Feeding LLC
FIVE RIVERS CORPORATE, Johnstown, CO
# of Openings:
Job Title: Regional Accounting Manager (Controller)
Location: Five Rivers Cattle Feeding Corporate Office, Jphnstown CO
Reports To: Assistant Corporate Controller, Five Rivers Cattle Feeding; has reporting relationship to feedyard General Manager(s)
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Function: Provides financial information to local management and Company by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports. Plans and directs accounting activities and office administration by performing the following duties, personally or through management of subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- In conjunction with feedyard general management, indirectly supervise 1-3 clerical employees at 5-6 feedyards, as assigned. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participating in the interviewing and hiring process; training employees; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work; participating in appraising performance and rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Participates in developing subordinates' skills and encouraging growth.
- Assists in the development and implementation of internal controls, policies, procedures, goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Travel to feedyard locations, as assigned, to review, audit, and ensure proper compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, goals, and priorities.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls. Complies with Federal, State, GAAP, and local financial legal requirements. Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- For each feedyard assigned, directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses, inventories, and insurance records by compiling, entering, and analyzing account information. Reviews payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information. Directs and participates in cost analyses, rate studies, and budget variance analyses.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information/ preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports. Reviews financial statements with management personnel both at feedyard and corporate locations; educates management team regarding proper account coding and financial data/reports and their purpose. Provides financial data and reports to Company.
- Develops departmental capital and operating budgets; manages expenses by studying historical data, anticipating needs and researching costs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Experience in Public Accounting
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-30% of time; valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software and Database software. Experience with SAP a plus
- Must be relationship oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and propose solutions.
- Ability to write procedures, routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multitask, be organized, and learn quickly
- Familiarity with agribusiness or feedlot operations a plus
Expected to participate in meetings, present numerical data effectively, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, understand business implications of decisions, work within approved budget; develop and implement cost saving measures; conserve organizational resources, and demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office work will include, but are not limited to: Reaching, bending and sitting for a prolonged period of time at work station or desk operating and viewing systems, documents, and calculator. Driving and/or flying to business events or company locations, while working on site at a feedyard, the employee will be exposed to feedyard environment. Dust, dirt, cattle, feed particles, and insects among other materials.
I understand that these are my primary duties and that I may be asked to perform other duties, either in my work area or in other departments, to contribute to the success of Five Rivers.