Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING & REPORTING ANALYST
The Accounting & Reporting Analyst role will be part Fed Beef Accounting and Finance team. This is a challenging opportunity that will utilize a strong accounting/control mindset, business acumen, and problem solving/analytical skills to help enhance the decision making processes within Fed Beef. This role will be responsible for delivering a deep understanding of the business performance and key management reports and for as creating and implement processes improvements across the department.
Analysis and Reporting
- Consistently creates, reviews and delivers timely and accurate management reports/packages. Interprets results and develops key financial measures to enhance decision making processes. Management reports may include: period end results and commentary, budgets, forecasts and supporting commentary, customer and product profitability reports, and other adhoc management reporting.
- Applies a broad level of understanding to conduct deep and complex financial analyses. These analyses will include month end results, balance sheet and income statement trend analysis, annual budgets, month forecasts, and customer and product profitability analysis. Included in this analysis will be supporting documentation and commentary on variances.
Accounting Processes and Procedures
- With limited oversight, performs and/or reviews month end processes.
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures.
- Creates and monitors controls, ensuring that our accounting/operational processes are in compliance with GAAP, JBS policies and procures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Identifies areas of standardization and improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of accounting or finance experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with many functional groups and levels – both written and orally.
- Technical aptitude-ability to utilize technology (e.g. excel, SAP) to drive efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to internal controls
- Business Acumen
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to clearly explain technical topics in a simple manner
- GAAP knowledge
- Previous experience with budgeting
- Experience in analyzing financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Preferred Qualifications SAP, BPC experience a plus