Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adult Healthcare Coordinator
at Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Jefferson Center
The Adult Healthcare Coordinator will provide assessment/screening, intervention, coaching and support to Jefferson Center clients to proactively manage their care. The Adult Healthcare Coordinator works closely with primary care clinics, the mental health team and staff of other agencies involved with and in the patient’s care. The Adult Healthcare Coordinator provides comprehensive medical, mental health and psychosocial supports to Center clients who are in need of, or receiving on-site physical health care services, as well as case management, education, care coordination, care navigation and advocacy for clients in need of or receiving medical care. This position also supports other treatment providers, coordinates treatment plans and identifies and reduces barriers to services. This position has no direct staff supervision.
- Coordinates the delivery of services to patients, including collaborating with clinical and other staff to address patients’ needs in clinic/home/hospital settings as appropriate.
- Assesses barriers to health and determines appropriate ways to address those barriers.
- Offers the patient and/or responsible party guidance and education related to their specific needs.
- Connects patients to resources within MCPN and the community to address identified health concerns.
- Participates and chairs multidisciplinary (POD) meetings
- Provides timely documentation and required reports for all care coordination activities.
- Provides input into care coordination protocols and procedures based on evidence-based models
- Provides support and education to clients.
- Determines appropriate service referrals, ensures services are received and monitors results.
- Serves as liaison and advocate between clients, service systems and the community.
- Research, prepares materials, and provides education as needed to clients
- Research and provide guidance on outreach programs for a diverse population of at risk clients
- Attends all staff meetings and all other meetings as assigned.
- Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
- Is able to work autonomously
- Assists the lead Healthcare Coordinator and Manager with addressing sustainability of care coordination activities.
- Participate in the Center’s training/educational programs designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the impact of trauma and trauma recovery and use the 10 principles of trauma informed care to guide all interactions with children, families, and co-workers
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment. Maintains professional standards.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relationships with consumers, peers, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
- Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
B.S. or B.A. degree in Social Work, Psychology, Public Heath or related field required. Direct related care coordination experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor’s degree.