Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Jefferson Center
Evaluates consumers who present at the Walk-In Center or through Mobile Crisis response to the community, according to mental health center timelines for response: Provides de-escalation, triage assessments and obtains collateral information to ensure that emergency interventions consider the context of the client’s overall plan in order to avoid harm and re-traumatization. Makes clinically appropriate dispositions in referring to services in the least restrictive environment necessary to ensure individual and community safety.
Working hours: Overnight M-F shift.
- Evaluates crisis clients according to mental health center timelines for response, either at the WIC or as part of the MCT.
- Provides de-escalation, triage assessments, and crisis-interventions.
- Obtains collateral information from family, significant others, and other providers as appropriate.
- Follows principles of trauma-informed care to avoid harm and re-traumatization.
- Develops strength-based treatment plans that promote recovery, resiliency, and engagement with formal and informal support systems.
- Links clients to needed services as appropriate.
- Consults with other WIC Team members and on-call psychiatrist as appropriate.
- Completes documentation in compliance with Jefferson Center guidelines.
- Participates in supervision, training, and team meetings as directed.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology or related field plus one year of related experience and/or training. May consider relevant pre-master’s degree experience. Licensure preferred, but not required.
- CAC II or III preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record while employed at Jefferson Center.
- Meets the requirements of applicable federal, state and organizational background checks.
Ability to operate a personal computer.
Ability to attend meetings at a variety of locations.