Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recovery Housing Case Manager
at Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Jefferson Center
Recovery House Case Manager (CM) will work with residents of the Recovery House, staff and members of the community to assess, link, and follow up on identified resources at Jefferson Center and in the community. The Case Manager will empower residents to access identified resources and assist with navigating systems of care to meet identified outcomes. CM will provide a wide array of case management and prevention services and are experts on community resources and benefits. Position is designed to assist when needed to monitor house activities to ensure safety.
- CM will work with all Recovery House residents, including Jefferson Center staff members, and members of the community to assess, link, and follow up on identified resources internally and in the community. Empowers and assists residents to access identified resources and assists with navigating systems of care to meet identified outcomes.
- Provide resource acquisition including assisting residents with application for benefits and basic needs such as housing, food, clothing, medical, dental care, legal, vocational, psychiatric services, etc.
- Assist Recovery House residents in accessing long-term housing as they transition from the Recovery House to the community.
- Assist is transportation of residents to community services, if appropriate. Current Colorado Driver’s license and DMV Background Clearance to Transport residents.
- Works with residents of the Recovery House to provide case/care management and other brief services as needed.
- Knowledgeable about Jefferson Center and community resources and builds relationships with providers to assist in a seamless referral process. Works to develop effective ways to research, update and communicate these resources to Recovery House residents.
- Maintains a positive focus and excellent customer service skills towards Recovery House residents, Jefferson Center staff, and the community. Works from a strength based, recovery based perspective and takes cultural considerations into account when appropriate. Effectively responds to resident needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, email and other requests.
- Works closely with the Program Coordinator in the coordination of care with community providers and other departments within Jefferson Center to assure clients are receiving the appropriate level of care. Maintains professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for residents.
- Attends mandatory in-services; compliance with individualized training plan if required
- Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and interval agreed upon with supervisor.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations with residents, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public. Uses language and behavior to promote dignity and respect.
- Effectively responds to the resident needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, email and other requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to develop therapeutic alliance with residents and to work effectively and with cultural competence with consumers from diverse backgrounds.
- Participates in staff development activities to enhance professional growth.
- Addresses the whole health needs of the residents by ensuring that appropriate referrals are made as needed when significant physical health needs are a consideration.
- Utilizes a range of appropriate recovery focused interventions according to need, or refers as indicated, to wellness classes/coaching, co-occurring/substance use services, Navigation and employment services.
- Participates in team meetings and planned activities.
- Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with the recovery process and reduces the possibility of re-traumatization.
- Participate in the Center’s training/educational programs designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
- Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the 10 principles of trauma informed care.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Bachelor’s degree in mental health and/or substance use field and one or more years of experience in a substance use setting. CAC I or II preferred.