Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Based Clinician - Arvada K-8
at Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Jefferson Center
Clinician will provide therapeutic interventions to include individual, family, group and clinical case management with school based clients and MCPN referrals from the community.
Clinicians will consult and build collaborative relationships with the community, school district staff, Jefferson Center staff and other organizations.
- Work within school district policy.
- Seek or give peer support or mentoring as needed.
- Collaborate with all parties essential to consumer welfare including but not limited to the school district, child welfare system, juvenile justice system, school based health centers, families and other community resources.
- Do community outreach 1 x year.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and spirit of cooperation in work environment.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
Clinicians are committed to furthering their professional knowledge and skills.
- Utilize peer support
- Attend clinical trainings
- Keep up with current trends and changes in the field
- Review challenging cases with peers and supervisors
- Participate in supervision by coming prepared and attending at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor at least 2 x a month.
Clinicians will provide direct service, crisis intervention and case management as appropriated.
- Provide individual, family and group therapy during regular school hours including 2 days a week with extended hours for working families.
- Refer/link families to other Jefferson Center programs as needed ie: Intensive family services and Wellness services.
- Refer families to outside agencies as needed ie: food banks, Serving Kids, Homeless liaison.
- Make Social Service reports and fill out appropriate paperwork.
- Plan and implement affective education classroom groups as determined by manager.
- Attend Jefferson Center doctor appointments as needed.
- Engage consumer and family in the treatment process and goal-setting. Will identify risk factors including lethality. Will work constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcomes, and coordinate care with internal and external providers. Will maintain appropriate professional standards and provide appropriate follow-up for consumers.
- Effectively respond to consumer concerns and problems. Will initiate and maintain positive interactions. Will respond to phone calls, pages, email and other requests in a timely manner.
- Provide at least one affective education class as directed by manager.
- Provide trauma informed treatment as needed and create a trauma sensitive clinical environment.
Clinicians will perform administrative duties as required by Jefferson Center in a timely manner.
- Meet required CHS hours
- Complete 95% of all paperwork by due date.
- Complete 90% of PTD notes within 3 days.
- Attend team meetings
- Satisfactorily complete 90% of peer review charts needing corrections within 14 days.
- Participate at summer camp if working in June.
- Meet fee collection goals.
- Complete authorizations for other payor sources
- Do contact notes on un-enrolled Medicaid consumers in Tier
- Complete on-line training
- Attend mandatory in-services
- Report high risk cases to supervisor
CAC II/ CAC III DUTIES
- Participate in the Centers’ CAC meetings and related trainings
- Participate in monthly CAC clinical supervision (individual or group)
- Provide CAC supervision to Center staff (CAC III’s only) to assist in the development of knowledge and skills in providing co-occurring treatment
- Complete substance use screening, assessments and related paperwork
Clinician chooses to initiate or participate in additional activities that fulfill a professional passion.
- May do extra things for camp ie: photo development, transportation, special activities, food bank pick up and delivery or extra bus duty
- Going beyond expectations to assist consumers in meeting their needs
- Utilizing interns
- Attending parent /teacher conferences
- Attending back to school nights or other school functions
- Attending school district staff meetings
- Anything else that goes beyond expectations to further assist consumers in reaching their treatment goals.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, or related field; or unlicensed doctoral candidate, or LCSW, LPC, LMFT ,or comparable license; Equivalent combination of education and experience may also be substituted. Bilingual (Spanish) and CAC preferred.