Jefferson County Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Central Shop Fleet Mechanic – Diesel
at Jefferson County Jobs
Jefferson County invites YOU to join our team and earn more than a paycheck!
We offer exciting benefits such as flex time, generous holiday schedules, and regular business hours so you can stay put, spend more time with family, and enjoy all the amenities Jefferson County has to offer!
Do you want to serve your community in a way that's friendly, composed, and professional? At JeffCo, we are looking for customer-focused individuals just like YOU who take pride in their work, have an eye for detail, and believe in a positive attitude. Whether you are coming from a job where travel is mandatory, or leaving a company with an overwhelming schedule, you can find a better quality of life working with the JeffCo community.
This position performs preventative maintenance along with the diagnosis and repair of engines, transmissions, brakes, electrical and hydraulic systems related to: vehicles and heavy/duty equipment. In addition, perform engine overhauls, make engine repairs, perform mechanical repairs and adjustments, and replace engine parts. Maintain records of vehicle service and repairs. Maintain replacement parts and inventory. Perform on-call duties.
The full salary range for this position is $43,047.39 - $64,571.09 annually, however the actual hiring salary range is $43,047.39 - $53,809.24 annually as posted under the position title.
- Essential Duties
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position
Maintain and repair vehicles, which may include:
- Perform major engine adjustments and rebuilds
- Rebuild or replace vehicle parts
- Perform mechanical repairs on drive train, brake, steering and other functional parts
- Replace vehicle operating systems
- Tune engines
- Makes emergency road calls when needed to perform any of the above operations and towing
- Inspecting mechanical equipment and parts
- Keeping inventory of parts
- Maintaining replacement parts and order new ones
- Monitor when preventive maintenance is necessary
- Graduation from high school or equivalent diploma,
- Specialized or technical training in diesel and automotive repair plus a minimum of one year related work experience as a mechanic; or any equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Current CDL is a plus, must be able to receive a CDL within 6 months of hire.
- Additional Information
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history, MVR check and education verification.
- Must have a valid driver's license, if you are from out of state, you must have a valid Colorado driver's license within 30 days of hire date, and you must not have any major violations, nor more than one DUI, DWI, DWAI conviction in the past three years.
- Must wear protective equipment, which is provided by Jefferson County.