Jefferson County Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Land Surveyor/CAD Project Assistant
at Jefferson County Jobs
Jefferson County invites YOU to join our team and earn more than a paycheck!
Do you want to serve your community in a way that's friendly, composed, and professional? At JeffCo, we are looking for customer-focused individuals just like YOU who take pride in their work, have an eye for detail, and believe in a positive attitude. Whether you are coming from a job where travel is mandatory, or leaving a company with an overwhelming schedule, you can find a better quality of life working with the JeffCo community. We offer exciting benefits such as flex time, generous holiday schedules, and regular business hours so you can stay put, spend more time with family, and enjoy all the amenities Jefferson County has to offer!
This position will review legal descriptions in boundary surveys, deeds, easements, rights-of-way, and agreements to calculate and plot legal descriptions using AutoCAD and land surveying software. Must have working knowledge of reading, reviewing and understanding both aliquot and metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Essential Duties
The Project Assistant will be able to:
- Analyze and calculate survey data per legal descriptions in boundary survey, deeds, easements, rights-of-way and agreements to determine acreages.
- Use AutoCAD and a land surveying software to create line work that will integrate into the County's GIS data.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- One or more years as a Survey/CAD Technician
- Reviewing and understanding both aliquot and metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Prior experience using JMap
- Experience using Carlson Software
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation
Knowledge, skills, or attributes that would be beneficial and lead to success in this role include:
- Computer skills and be proficient with all Microsoft Office products
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Additional Information
Colorado Driver's License at the time of hire and you must not have any major violations, nor DUI, DWI, DWAI conviction in the past three years.
Offer of employment contingent on criminal history, MVR check and education verification.