Jefferson County Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Teacher - Head Start
at Jefferson County Jobs
Pay: $35000 to $36000/year
$35000 - $36000
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2501555
Overall Job Objective
- Are you seeking more than a paycheck?
- Do you want a career that fulfills your passions and purpose to make a difference in the lives of not only your students, but their families?
- Do you get excited thinking about working in an all-inclusive preschool program that provides an opportunity for a greater impact?
- Are you passionate about providing extra support to allow students with challenging behaviors to achieve their goals and be successful?
- Are you looking for professional development and individualized coaching to progress your career?
If you answered yes! Jefferson County Head Start's Lead Teacher may be what you've been searching for!
The Lead Teacher role is a great opportunity if you are:
Check out this video to hear from two of our Teachers!
- A recent graduate looking to start your career in early childhood education
- A seasoned professional or current substitute teacher seeking a full-time, benefited role
The Lead Teacher will be responsible for implementing curriculum, maintaining compliance with Head Start Performance standards, and partnering with a multi-disciplinary team to provide the best service to our Head Start Families.
Head Start offers opportunity for on-site professional development scheduled during work hours, a team-oriented program that assists with providing the best service for our families, and individualized coaching.
Position starts August 5, 2019. This will be a nine-month working position (stretch) that will be paid for twelve months. Comprehensive benefits include paid time off for vacation and sick time, 11 paid holidays off, medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement, and $2,000 annual tuition reimbursement.
- Essential Duties
The Lead Teacher is responsible for:
- Delivering Creative Curriculum that are developmentally appropriate lesson plans, including activities geared toward social-emotional development and utilizing trauma informed care practices
- Working with your Co-Teacher / Teacher Associate to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards within the classroom including education, disabilities, parent involvement, nutrition, health and mental health, etc.
- Conducting observations, administering development, social, and emotional screenings, and maintaining clear and complete documentation
- Actively supervising children
- Partnering with a multi-disciplinary team including mental health specialists, special education professionals, and family support workers to provide the best service for our families including home visits, family conferences, and implementation of Individual Education Plans
- Supporting peers by collaborating and sharing experiences to finding solutions together
- Bachelors or advanced degree in early childhood education
- Or a Bachelors or advanced degree with a minimum of eight classes of early childhood education or related classes
- And at least one year of experience teaching pre-school age children
Must have a valid driver's license, if you are from out of state, you must obtain a valid Colorado driver's license within 30 days of hire date and you must not have any major violations, nor more than one DUI, DWI, DWAI conviction in the past three years.
Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends, and willingness to occasionally travel to assigned Head Start Sites (Arvada or Wheat Ridge).
- Additional Information
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTERS! Please be aware, due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is possible any email correspondence sent from us under "govermentjobs.com" or "Jeffco.us" could be sent to your spam folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if any updates have been made to their employment status (such as a request for an interview).
If you do not receive the confirmation message within a few minutes of completing an application with us. Please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Mail folder just in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk, which should allow future messages to get through. Please note that any additional messages may come from a different email address and all notices regarding employment will come from governmentjobs.com or Jeffco.us email addresses.
If additional action is required and you are unsure of the validity of the request, please call the HR department at 303-271-8400 and ask for the Talent Acquisition Specialist recruiting for this role. Depending on your settings, spam filters may block certain emails originating from unknown accounts.
We appreciate your due diligence and thank you again for your interest in Jefferson County!
Recruitment Process: You are able to see your status and any communication when you log into your profile via http://jeffco.us/jobs or www.governmentjobs.com. Listed below are the steps in our recruiting process:
- Once the job bulletin has closed, the Talent Acquisition Team evaluates all applications based on the minimum requirements listed in the qualifications section of the job bulletin (Status: Application Evaluation OR Does not meet minimum qualifications).
- The Talent Acquisition Team reviews applications for the preferred skills (Status: Comparative Review). While these skills aren't a requirement for the position, they will contribute to the success of the new hire in this role. These skills are scored and the highest scoring applicants will be forwarded to the next step.
- The next step includes the hiring team reviewing applications and deciding who to contact for a phone screen/interview (Status: Manager Review). The number of applications forwarded for Manager Review depends on the hiring teams request and can range from 10 applications to everyone who meets minimum requirements; not everyone who makes it to Manager Review is guaranteed an interview.
- If the hiring team wishes to speak with you further, they will reach out to you via phone call or email using the contact information listed on your application. Some positions will be utilizing an online scheduling tool through governmentjobs.com and you may receive an email requesting you to log in and select an interview time. It is important that you are receiving our emails as we do not want you to miss out on an opportunity.
Thank you for your patience and for your interest in Jefferson County Government! We wish you success through this process. Don't forget to sign up for Job Interest Alerts through http://jeffco.us/jobs to get email alerts for positions you are interested in.
Information about Jeffco!
A career with Jefferson County Government offers the best candidates career growth and a diverse workforce. More than a paycheck, your job enriches the lives of the citizens of Jefferson County. Jefferson County offers great benefits, plentiful holidays, and now is a major stop along RTD's Light Rail West Line.
Living and working in Jefferson County offers the quintessential Colorado lifestyle sought after by many. Residents enjoy easy access to mountain activities such as hiking, skiing and rafting, while also being able to take advantage of the eclectic amenities offered by the greater metropolitan Denver area.
Located at the heart of the foothills of Golden, city life, bike paths, hiking and adventure are just a step away. When you're ready to learn, grow, and make a contribution to your community, find your career with us.